Vietnamese Haircut, Iraq Zach

I usually do not have the best experiences getting my hair cut by someone with different hair than me. However, I have had a few bad experiences getting my hair cut by people with EXACTLY the same hair as me, so I thought that I had nothing to lose when I walked into the PERFECT CLIPS VIETNAMESE HAIR SALON on Friday. The draw was that I could get a cut for $8.00. Why that is a bargain when there is a huge chance that months of damage could be done is beyond me. But I felt good about it. Yes, I do pray when I get my hair cut sometimes. I think that I forgot last time. Hence, months of a baby ponytail.

Anyway it turned out well, and I had a great conversation with my stylist. Her father was in the South Vietnamese army. He was liberated after 6 years in prison in North Vietnam and allowed to go to America by President Reagan (that made me love President Reagan even more).

Anyway, this was poignant to me because Jaclyn Brunson (my sister) called and told me that her husband has been asked to go to Iraq. It will be for one year. I think that I took it harder than my sister, as I imagined being alone and husbandless for a year.

Yet, my hairdresser had lost her father to a death camp for six years. Suddenly a year in relatively safe circumstances did not sound so bad. Zach will continue to be a Physicians Assistant. I pray that is safe.

Still, we just like Zach so much. We will miss him deeply.

We have an opportunity for him to stay, if his knee injury (from basketball?) does not pass the medical exam.

I am grateful for the soldiers who got rid of Saddam Hussein. Hussein and his sons committed attrocities that Americans cannot comprehend. Yet, it is still sad for me to let such a great brother-in-law go. Nevertheless, we are proud of you, Zach.

Comments

Leslie said…
We'll be praying for Zach & family!
squiresclan said…
Please let Zach and Jacklyn know they will be in all our prayers. I have another cousin who spent 1 1/2 in Iraq a cpl years ago and although he really missed his family he says he will go back anytime he is needed.
Side note you are the blogging queen i try and keep up on mine but as you may have noticed sometimes i am very slow lol although i did update again (finally) I have to say i love these blogs what a great way to keep in touch with family that we don't see often enough!
Love the photo - it completes the haircut blog!

That is crazy about Zach! Your sis is a trooper!