The Talent Show, Bandaids, and Cabella's



The top picture is Sarah playing at the Church whilst Andrew practiced his song for the talent show. It is called "The Pioneer Day Song"...a homage to "The Chanukah Song" by Adam Sandler. To give kudos where kudos is due, we got the idea from a guy who wrote "The Fireside Song" about famous Mormons http://www.thefiresidesong.com/.




We updated it and changed the chorus...and brought down the house. It was freakin' hilarious. Andrew is a natural comedian. Bubba Page (our young men's president and former boy band member) played for him and sparkled. Yay for ward talent shows!


Here are some of the lyrics that we wrote:


Everybody give a cheer
Let's celebrate the Pioneer


Grab your carts, what the heck
Let's all go on a Pioneer Treck


The Pioneers they has such exquisite good taste
They knew what they were talkin' about
When they said, "This is the Place"


So if you feel all alone
lighting those 24th fireworks
Here's a whole list of Mormons
each spreading their good works!


Guess who shows up at the Bishop's PRC
Philo T. Farnsworth, he invented the TV

Gladys Knight is Mormon, but we didn't get the Pips
Guess who else is Mormon, That Sergeant dude from Chips (We borrowed that line)

There are famous Mormons that you don't know their names
Like Kirk Cameron's little brother on that sitcom Growing Pains.

Archuletta and Brooke White failed to win American Idol
That's okay, 'cause we won the reality show Survivor

If your itchin to read about a teenage Vampire,
Go to your local library and ask for Sister Stephanie Meyer

Warren Jeffs...not LDS
But there's one from Diamond Rio, and Two from Aquabats

Ricky Schroeder's Mormon, but Oprah Winfrey ain't
Put them together, what a kind and caring Saint

I heard that he was top of his class in Seminary
but Mitt Romney still lost the Presidential Primary

Butch Cassidy was Mormon, but not Sundance
And so are half the peeps on "So you think that you can Dance"

You don't need a wagon or a handcart or an ox
When you can pass the time reading "Ender's Game" and "Christmas Box" (both written by Mormons)

Matt Modine home teaches, Steve Covey does, too
And I think so does that one guy who started the airline Jet Blue

I would not want to share my food with him in the MTC
But I'd want Merlin Olsen to build my "Little House on the Prairie"

Starting Sunday School, we will need the proper mood
We'll call for a prayer from the old host of "Family Feud"

Harry Reid's a Mormon, though he's a democrat
Well so was James E. Faust, and he was one groovy hepcat

That Steve Martin rumor, was just not true
Neither was Snoop Dogg's, the April Fool's jokes on you

Jane Clayson's Mormon and she works for NPR
Glenn Beck got baptized and he's our newest Mormon All-Star

I got some news, Katherine Heigl in one too
But she don't go to Church, so she ain't gonna marry you (in the temple)

We don't have a President or American Idol
But we've got something better that they call the "Golden Bible" (it's the Book of Mormon and it's true)

Remember that "You're not Alone"
Go pick up your telephone

Yes everyboday shout hooray
Let's celebrate Pioneer Day

Go and give a sacrament talk
on Pioneer children who sang as they walked (and walked and walked and waaaaalked)

Go line up on Temple Square,
Thomas S. Monson just might be there

We will never drink a beer
as we celebrate together we're all Pioneers

Andrew also made a mean chili for the chili cookoff...Martha Stewart taught him that cocoa really adds to the 'flava'.







I just had to add these pictures. I could not pass them by as I was locating the pictures for this blog. On the left, Sarah is wearing a down vest that sister Brandi wore when she was little. I had a yellow and brown one. It just brought back the happiest of feelings to put on Sarah something that reminded me of a great childhood. How I pray that hers is as great as mine was.


The eating picture was taken when Sarah was barely one, and eating. I love super Sarah's eyes. I just thought her eyes looked so cute in this picture. I also have to brag that she is quite pro with utensils, and often refuses to eat with her hands. It is so unladylike.

Super Drew is in the Young Men's Stake Presidency, and has been working on the Youth Conference for several months now. This is a picture of Sarah on one of our Sunday evening excursions. One part of Youth Conference that he is in charge of is the portion where the youth tour the famous Salt Lake City Cemetery. We have been up there for several weeks as a family mapping out where the prophets are buried, and yesterday we took our youth leaders up to look at where they would be leading their peers.


It was there that Sarah "biffed it" on President Joseph F. Smith's gravestone. My poor daughter already has scars representing her fearlessness despite my rubbing alcohol and neosporin campaigns. Below is her first bandaid, and I put one on first to show her how great they are.




Next, (a.k.a. Monday) Sarah, Andrew and I went to Cabella's which is oh so much more than a sporting goods store. Sarah went crazy over the taxidermy and the fishes. Ne'er was there such a happy baby than a baby at Cabella's. And rarely is there such a happy Mom as a Mom at Cabella's Bargain Cave. I am now wearing my oh so comfy North Face shorts, flip flop Teva's (like Jaclyn and Katrina's), and I got some new running shoes. I was totally inspired to train for a triathlon when I read Andrew Bagley's blog. Go Sister Bagley! I someday want a number written in marker on my arm, because I can't pin it on my swimsuit that I must wear because of the swimming event in my ironman.






The last picture is just me on Sunday night after the cemetery, trying to get a picture of my braided hair that I was particularly proud of (I had seen Heidi Klum wearing them, and also a demonstration on Shear Genius). I took several pictures, (by myself obviously), and never got my cool braids in...anyway, imagine braids, below.

Comments

Unknown said…
That is a serious bump! You are a good mom to put a bandaid on first and show her how it's done. She's a cute baby, bumps and all.
Unknown said…
Love the imagine the braids picture - you make me laugh OUTLOUD!!