Shēngrì Kuàilè and to be an Inviter

On Sunday, Sarah and I got dressed up in our Chinese best to wish Xi (born and raised outside of Shanghai) and Sister Lynn Brink (our angel friend from our year in China) respective Happy Birthdays!

Sunday was also the closing ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics (wipe a tear) and we happened to be in appropriate mourning attire (we know that we are not the only ones who spent hours late into the night watching the games)...either that or we were congratulating the Chinese divers on being so darned perfect.

This was taken after Church, and Sarah was a little tired. This was also our first Sunday in our new Chapel, while ours gets a new roof.
Sister Lynn and Brother Jim the day before they enter the MTC. They are angels who happen to be walking on the earth...especially Lynn. They will now walk in Frankfurt, Germany. Those Elders are so darned lucky.

We surprised Xi at Banana Republic. My Chinese calligraphy is not the best.

This week we had two birthdays. For our friend Xi's birthday, we memorized "Happy Birthday" in Chinese. It did not go to waste, for the second birthday that day was of our friend, Lynn Brink, who we went to China with for a year. So, we got to use our song twice.

Sister and Elder Brink will be entering the MTC (Missionary Training Center) today in preparation for their mission to Frankfurt, Germany.

I have to write how much we love Lynn. She was our neighbor and fellow "Foreign Expert" in Jinan, China, and defines the word, "Christlike". She is good and humble to the core. I would write more, but just like most humble people, I might embarrass her with my gushing and several examples of her wonderfulness. Just know that I love her.
Xi, is awesome, and works at Banana Republic. Every time I see her, I want to invite her back to church. She is innactive, and I am not sure of all the reasons, but maybe she just needs an invitation back. I want to be the inviter.
To be an inviter to all men. That would be the best.

Comments

What beautiful girls Andrew has in his life - physically and spiritually.