A Perfect World-Biotechnology for people like me

I hate using ID. I think my problem is that I often misplace it, so it is not there when I need it. I am rooting for biotechnology to come into full effect, so that all I need is my fingerprints or irises to get around. I would never have to search the house for body parts like I do my wallet.

Sarah and I went to the zoo today. Now, we are members, and I had my card, but I did not have a picture ID. The sweet, yet strictly obedient volunteer would not let us in. I had to go beg mercy at the information desk.

They were merciful. Yet, if he would have checked my fingerprints, he would have known that it was indeed, me. They just did not have a fingerprint scanner at the zoo.

Then we went to the library. I had borrowed Andrew's library card, since mine was in the same place as my picture ID. Not with me.

I wanted to grab a book that I had on hold. I am a regular, and I am really nice, and look fairly honest, and I have my 14 digit library card number memorized, so they are usually really lenient. It was yet another strictly obedient Librarian, bless her heart.

But in the end, she was merciful. I got my book. If they would have had an iris scan, there would have been zero problem.

And I would never have to carry ID. That is my perfect world.

Sarah locked out of the zoo (okay, not really), she is just looking through a fence at the zoo, but it represents how I felt:)

Since Dad was not with us, I was tried to take one of those self-portraits (note the outstretched arm). I tried three times, but Sarah could not keep her little eyes open. It was midday, and the sun was forcing her poor eyes shut.

I have to say that the zoo in Salt Lake is excellent. The Rhinos were out in full force, and I had the pleasure of seeing a good friend from EFY, his gorgeous wife, and daughter. It was a good day, with or without my ID.

Comments

Wendy A. Jones said…
Funny post! I, also, have my library card memorized. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

I love that picture of you and Sarah--you look so pretty and she looks like she's sweetly napping in the backpack.
Mrs. Olsen said…
Candice Bagley? Is that you? I was just shooting off of Wendy's blog and then saw your picture. This is your fellow Madison Bobcat A. Anderson....volleyball? student government? english class? Anyway, glad to see you have lived all over our small planet and are doing well. Adios
Mike & Traci said…
What a funny post! That definately made my night - you are so creative w/ your writing & can find an adventure in anything you do!! I love it Candice! Keep the fun coming :)