A Temple in Rexburg

The Rome, Italy Temple was a great announcement.  However, it was nothing compared to how I felt when the Rexburg, Idaho Temple was announced.
We were in Jinan, China at announcement time, and I had not been an official 'Rexburgian' for 13 years. Yet, I would grin uncontrollably every time I thought of that temple announcement.
Provo, UT and BYU had a temple on their campus.  Laie, Hawaii, and BYU-H had a temple on their campus.  I always hoped the the BYU-I-ers might have a temple on their campus; not to mention the good people of the surrounding Rexburg area.  Rexburg has a higher concentration of Latter-day Saints than any other city in the world (Bountiful and Provo are close, but not that close).  I had heard that it was 91% but to be honest, I only knew one non-member in my graduating class.  He was from a Slavic country, I think.  
Also, being a former University student without a car, I thought that it was wonderful that the thousands of BYU-Idaho students had a temple that they could walk to.  It is a fabulous date night, roommate bonding time, and an amazing thing to do before classes.
Because of the tundra like terrain in Rexburg, there are no trees blocking the view of the temple.  It sits on the Rexburg Bench by a wheat field, and you can view it from all over the town.  It is like a thousand million dollar views.

I always thought our valley to be blessed.  Heavenly Father loves the people of the Snake River Valley, and they love Him.  Now their blessings have multiplied. 

Comments

Jensens said…
I love the Rexburg temple, it is so beautiful! I love driving by it on our way to Island Park. It's so fun to hear the kids say, "there's a temple, Mom." It reminds me of Nauvoo, how it sits up on the hill like that with nothing competing with it, so glorious and white.
Melanie said…
Adam would like you to know that he worked on the Rexburg Temple. He helped put the steel up on it. He says it was one of the coldest winters he remembers.
Ben and Shara said…
it sounds and looks wonderful. I'd love to see it in person!
Jon + Kat said…
Um, that is the cutest outfit on Sarah! I know, I comment on the clothes and not the temple. We the the 'burg's temple too. Hopefully we can do a session while I'm home!
Anonymous said…
Love the pictures!

Wendy
The Bears said…
Sarah's hair is long enough for pigtails! She looks so adorable. That sweater makes her look like a who down in whoville. Maybe even Cindy Lou Who. Is it who or hoo?

Oh and I love the temple too and the temple and Sarah in that first pic are the ultimate combination of greatness. Thanks for sharing the pics by the way. I hadn't actually seen the Rexburg Temple before and I love it.
I love these pics of Sarah on the temple grounds. Beautiful girl, beautiful building.

I still need to upgrade our camera!