Why everything I own is monogrammed

Right next to my gym is my downfall. It is called Down East Outfitters, Clearance.  It is a store where you can get designer items for very cheap.dfg
You wonder if there is a catch.  Well, there is a small one.  Most of the items are monogrammed.

(The sweater below is not one of the monogrammed items.  I had to include it.  I call it the "Brandi Sweater" and I was pleased to pull it from a bin today.  My sister, Brandi owned this sweater in the mid-nineties, and I loved it on her.  I love her.  So, Brandi, if you read this, I am thinking of you.  By the way, it cost me $3.00)
So, my $70 stepstool from Pottery Barn Kids just happens to say, "Taylor".
It was two for one, so I grabbed, "Zachary" too.

I was so overwhelmed when I actually found something with Sarah's name on it, that I ignored the fact that she probably did not need a PB teen lap desk and bought it.  It was also two for one, so 'Sarah' came with 'Sami'.
Today, 'Emerson' came into our home in the form of a heavenly soft Red Envelope blanket.
I have more where this came from if you want a tour.  Maybe I could just keep working extra hard on my fertility diet, and name our future children after the items scattered around our home.

Comments

Lauren Dyer said…
Ha! That is so funny.
Jensens said…
Wow! You're quite the bargain hunter...good for you! If you ever find anything cool with my kids' names on them, let me know :)
Shane D. said…
Im so into this kind of shopping. Good deal + monogram = my kinda item.
Anonymous said…
I always wondered what the companies did with mistakes/returns/catalog display items. Now I know. (Emerson? Really, Candice?)

Wendy