Happy Birthday Classy Brandi

Out of five children, four of us were born in December. Jaclyn, the second from the left was born in January. It is a busy month for us. Today is the beginning of our December birthday celebration month.
Happy Birthday, Brandi.
Brandi was my first best friend. We are the same age for 17 days every year. She was drill team president in high school. She served her mission to Germany and makes a mean Schnitzel. We were in the MTC together. She is classy. She loves leather shoes. She looks fantastic in fall sweaters. She does not like beans. She has pressed olives in Jerusalem. We once had a contest to see who could swallow the most coins. She went to Junior Prom with a guy who wore black wranglers with his tux. If you get within five feet of her, you will feel the sudden urge to tell her everything about you. She will never hurt you with all of the information that you divulged. She can still dance like a Bobcadette. She is an artist. She loves classical music. Even though she has five kids, she looks young enough to be a teenage mom. She does not like that fact. Her skin is super soft. She always wears socks. She has faith. Heavenly Father really loves Brandi. She knows my core. That is her precious gift to me.
I love you with everything in me, Brandi. Happy Birthday.

Comments

Andrew said…
Happy, Happy Birthday, Brandi dear. Happy days will come to you all year! If I had one wish, then it would be. You and your family would be closer to Candice and me!

Happy Birthday. You are now older than me. And you are the same age as Candice, and that makes you OLD!

Just kidding.

Happy Birthday!
Ben and Shara said…
Happy Birthday Brandi,

I loved reading Candice's feelings about you. A great tell-all into who you really are to her and many others no doubt. My favorite thing is that when anyone is around you that they have the urge to tell you everything about themselves. I confess I've had the same urge. You are wonderful.

Candice, nice thoughts.
Happy Birthday Cousin.
Jon + Kat said…
You forget to mention that she was the "mean" one growing up, and everyone who has met her since the age of 15 does not believe this fact! Ha Ha! I love birthday month!
Candice said…
When I talked to Brandi on the phone today she laughed and said, "I hate beans, but I make my children eat them every day." Good Mom.

You have to take 'the mean one' in perspective. Our sisters and Shawn were unusually nice. Hence, the little aggression shown by the birthday girl was blown out of proportion. In any other family she might have been the peacemaker, right? maybe?:):):)
The Bears said…
I love December babies. They are the best. Okay, I'm biased... my birthday is the 15th, but I do think they (we) are the best and Brandi proves it.
Annette said…
Great people are born in December. It must be a great month because Callie couldn't wait until January to be born. She just had to be born in December. I think you have a nice looking family .... I hope they are as nice as they look. What day is your birthday?

Why is it so hillarious that I like wham? I do not have their album. I found this on the internet. I like most kinds except for heavy metal....
Anonymous said…
I saw Brandi at the carousel this summer. I didn't tell her any secrets, though, because one of my children was throwing a tantrum and we had to exit quickly.

Wendy
Lorin and Liza said…
Maybe I shared this before but I heard that if you don't have a sister you spend your life looking for one. What a blessing sisters are!
They are there for you when your Pandora's box spills open and then are willing to forget and forgive and love you anyway.My eyes fill with tears when I think of how I love my sisters and I include my sisters-in-law when I say sisters. I love that my own daughters love our Sister Retreat each fall.
Melissa Buecher said…
When was that picture taken of you siblings all together in your matchy-match outfits? Oh, and which one of you got grounded from prom for leaving the garage door open?