I joined Facebook

About two moments ago, I joined Facebook (finally).  I have been getting invites here and there for a couple of years, but held back from the phenomenon

Now, I am on.  I have to admit that I feel like I am drowning a little in newness.  I had to log off to breathe for a moment.  I have not experienced anything like this kind of sensory overload since my last EFY mix and mingle, or maybe Stake Conference on Sunday: a thousand people you love and have not seen forever: you want to talk to everyone, but the depth of conversation is severely limited.

I am not sure what to do now.  There is not much on my profile.  I guess I will catch my breathe and possibly splash around until I am doing a nice back float instead of a sad doggy paddle.

Comments

Unknown said…
Welcome to Facebook, the greatest time waster ever invented!
That is what I always want to say, but afterwards I feel guilty because, after all, are FRIENDS really time wasters?? Well, are they?
In real life, no. In cyberspace...wellll....

May you find out best how to use it and not loose your life as well. I don't know if a happy medium can be reached....

In the mean time, thanks for adding me as one of your friends. I am honored. :)
Anonymous said…
Congrats. I haven't made the plunge yet . . . I don't know if I will, either. I'm still undecided, I guess.

Wendy

P.S. My word verification for this comment is "exult". Take that how you will.
Jensens said…
You are so brave. I've been getting invites as well, and have thought about it...but can't make the plunge. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my blog. Maybe someday....
Jordan Page said…
It takes time but you'll get it! Just don't get addicted!!! :)
Annette said…
Facebook is adicting, and you will spend quite a while on it at first finding friends etc. Have fun....