Conference at the Cabin

This year we went to Island Park to watch Conference with some of our family: Mom, Dad, Chantal, Shawn, Tamazon, Sarah, Andrew, and I.

It was ridiculously gorgeous there.  Look at the blue sky.  I have lived in two countries that did not have blue sky-ever.  And one state that had so many trees and buildings, that you had to look straight up to see the sky.  Here I can look straight forward and feel the freedom of the deep blue sky everywhere.

Sarah was sick, so I did not bring winter clothes.  At the last moment, we dressed her in the hodge podge at the cabin.  She has a hat of Drew's from Hungary, some Banana Republic cashmere gloves of mine, and a neckwarmer circa. 1988.


We love the kitchen at the cabin. Mom said she, 'feels inspired to cook' at our cabins in Island Park.  I am just missing our old cabin.  It was joy.  This one does not feel quite the same because I know that it is for sale, and so it is a transient part of our life.

So, once, there was a cabin, that inspired Mom to cook.
Dad is famous for cooking breakfast. Men love to cook breakfast.  Dad would call us down for breakfast at about 7:00-7:30.  He usually serves eggs, bacon, and pancakes.  If we are lucky, we will have chokecherry syrup.  This trip we were lucky.
We went snowmobiling, of course.  It was nice to go at a leisurely pace, as opposed to well above vehicle speed limites.  I am accustomed to following my Dad, who does nothing at a leisurely pace.

It is also a lot warmer going 30 miles an hour in the Idaho cold than 85 miles an hour.  That is frostbite speed.  You will never be covered enough to combat that.
Mom brought a pre-birthday present that she thought would entertain Sarah during Conference.

Conference was shown in the home theatre at the cabin. The projector screen, surround sound, and super comfy lounge chairs were an added Conference bonus.

You can kind of see Elder Ballard on the wall behind us.

Sarah preparing to snowmobile a.k.a. 'go sledding'.
Not her favorite sport. This is post ride.  Dad does not usually ease into everything, and they had kind of a fast take off onto a slope and hill.  Not good prep time for a first time sledder.  but I have a feeling, Sarah will soon be a big fan of sledding.
How great were the memories we made. My favorite semi-annual weekend was made even better-with family.

Comments

The Bears said…
That kitchen inspires me to eat. You can tell any food that comes out of there will be delicious.
Becky said…
Looks like you had a whole lotta fun! Wasn't Conference great?
Annette said…
I would love to cook in that kitchen too...It is beautiful. Looks like you got the best of three worlds..Conference,Family& Fun...Can't believe conference is over already..Some really great messages.
Mike & Traci said…
What a nice way to spend conference :) Ya know I miss your dad's cooking! He was extra sweet to treat us to a yummy breakfastes when we were in Costa Rica :) What a GREAT family you have!
ann said…
I love you hair! The braid is totally in right now... I just can't figure out how to make it work!
You are too cute.
jennaloha said…
I have fond memories of your cabin, but in summer- when your dad was trying to teach me to water-ski and for the life of me I couldn't straighten my legs and stand up. I was a hard case all right. Kudos to your dad for his patience!