Hooray for marriage!

On Saturday morning we took a trip to the Logan Temple to see Andrew's best friend, Tyler Bell, get married.  I love Cache Valley, I love the temple, and I love Tyler Bell.  This was going to be a great day.

The spirit was strong in the sealing room.  They were a sweet, bright, good family.  Putting them in a sealing room together for this long awaited wedding was a wonderful thing.  You feel generations.  It is easy to feel the eternities while in the temple: especially in the midst of a family like this, during this ordinance of ordinances.  

As I watched the happy couple at the alter, I felt the power of this marriage to thwart every design of the adversary.  I felt deeply why Satan would oppose marriage, and why he fights it: particularly a temple marriage.

I am so grateful for this couple who did the bravest and best thing that they could do on this earth to be super soldiers for good.

And they were so happy to do it.
Sarah was a rockstar...kind of.  I was really impressed when we walked up to the temple and Sarah said, "Temple!", which was singular because I had thought that she identified temples by white.  The Logan Temple is a gorgeous gray and brown stone.  I am glad that she can recognize the most important things: spiritual things.

She is a genius;).  Well, kind of.  When she saw this picture, she did the sign for 'carrots' referring to the plants behind her.  

Then again, maybe she is right and I am wrong, and they plant carrots in front of the temple.
These pictures were taken the day before Easter, and this is the dress her Granny Joan gave her.  Sadly, we did not take pictures ON Easter Sunday (we were so busy) so these are her sudo Easter shots.  Plus, she did not look very cute on Easter.  She wore the same dress, but her hair was a mess, because we had to wake her up to go to church, as we do every week.



Easter Sunday was the stuff for other posts. Let us just write that Heavenly Father blessed our ward. The ward Easter program increased my testimony of the Savior and his Resurrection. It was a spiritually gorgeous day.

Comments

Jensens said…
I have only been in the Logan temple once (for a sealing). I really want to go there again. I have a fondness for the old temples.

I love that white dress on Sarah, she is so adorable!
The Bears said…
She looks so cute.
Annette said…
I love Temple weddings, they are the best..Sarah looks so cute in this dress. She was such an Angel in Sacrament Meeting Sunday. She is growing up so fast (sad sad)! You did an amazing job with the Choir program..It was really great.
Sarah looks so beautiful in her easter dress! She is so bright!
Shannon said…
What a lovely day... and I completely agree. Sealings really help me to reevaluate how important Temple Marriage is.

Sarah is so cute!