Where do I buy socks?

There are some things that are difficult for me to buy because I think that they are a waste of money.   Before I was married, it was food.  I thought that food was a terrible waste.  I would rather spend my money on something more useful that would last longer: like clothes (I know, that was pretty sad).

Another thing that I struggle buying is socks.  Again, I have a hard time justifying the expense.  Yet, they are a necessity, and with Andrew leaving in a week, he is in dire need of socks.  The poor man went to church wearing two very nice socks that did not match.  It is not his fault.  The blame is almost entirely my own.

Where does one find a good deal on men's socks?  Since I am not a frequent sock buyer, I am not sure the best places to buy them.

Any sock suggestions?

Comments

Leslie said…
For cheap socks...you can always go for Target or Walmart. Especially if you are looking for black socks...these will work just great. And...you are too funny Candice! :)
Jensens said…
I never buy Doug's socks, so I don't really know. I believe he gets his everyday socks at sporting goods stores, and dress socks and Macy's, or JC Penney's. I always get mine at Target :)
ann said…
ROSS has nice socks for men. Quite reasonable. When I got married, I only brought 1 pair of my own athletic socks into the marriage. Turns out I had been mooching off of my sister for four years. She later told me that the one pair that I kept was actually hers, too. So, I hear ya on the socks.
Dan said…
There is a large selection of socks at Clark's shoes (I can't find their socks online). There is a small set of those socks that have a lifetime guarantee. If you take them back they give you new ones, no questions asked, holes and all. I've done this and this makes them the best socks I've ever bought. But... make sure you get the socks with the lifetime guarantee.

But I'm a big believer in spending extra on socks. My feet MUST be comfortable. I spent good money on socks for anasasi, and those socks ended up lasting for nearly 10 years. I think it's worth it for a good pair of socks.
Shannon said…
Yes, go to Ross! I concur. They have awesome dress socks as well as athletic socks for both men and women! (and kids :)
The Bears said…
Thankfully noone ever knows what to get my husband for Christmas, so someone always ends up getting him a package of socks. Sorry I'm not much help, but today I worked out in one green and one orange sock, because I can never keep a pair together. Thus may I suggest buying lots of the same color, so it won't matter if you lose one.
Annette said…
Ross - Burlington - Costco
Becky said…
Candice, you are too funny! I hope you are spending some money on food these days. You're tast buds are worth it.
We get our socks at Costco. I love the multicolor ankle ones for me. The bright colors make me happy! However, Andrew might feel funny with pink stripes peek out of his business shoes ;)