Memorial Day 2009

Here are a few Memorial Day Pictures:
Sarah stealing flags (she put them back) at the Salt Lake City Cemetery.  Writing the word 'cemetery' reminds me that I was eliminated from my Junior High Spelling Bee in front of the entire student body on that very word.  Before that, I thought that I was a good speller.  Good spelling, however, is not the commodity it used to be with automatic spell check.  I rarely post without first doing a spell check.  What a great invention.
We do not have relatives buried near us, that we know of, so for the last two years, we have made a pilgrimage to the Salt Lake Cemetery to remember the prophets.

This year, we focused on Joseph F. Smith (hence we are reading Doctrine and Covenants 138 in front of his memorial), and Spencer W. Kimball (we read Official Declaration 2).  It was nice to see so many people there, remembering.  I especially loved seeing the very old.  They have the longest memories.  I love them.
We went bowling this morning.  
My strike.  It was my first bowl.  It went downhill after that.
Andrew's technique.
We also went swimming, did some shopping, played at the park, went on a nature walk, and visited good friends.  Oh, yes, Andrew introduced me to frozen yogurt at Maverick. 

Happy Memorial Day.

Comments

Mrs. Olsen said…
What an awesome M-day tradition to honor the prophets. Happy Memorial Day.
Jensens said…
Sounds like you had a great day!
Annette said…
What a good way to spend Memorial Day, you always seem to think of some good adventure to go on...and seem to find the good in SLC!
Ben and Shara said…
Wow Sarah's eyes are amazing. They are so dewy!
It's always fun to check out your blog. Sarah is soooo cute. She so reminds me of you when you were little. Last Thursday we were in SLC for a quick one day trip and we had a little time before we were going to Tyson's ALLstate Golf banquet and we were trying to find the SLC Cemetary and we could not find it. Next time, we'll have to ask you where it is.
Jon + Kat said…
You never had frozen yogurt at Maverick? What? It's like the best thing ever! When I went to Lake Powell in college we always got it in Page, AZ, and there was a summer that Dad got hooked on it and we would stop if we were out with him checkin' jobs. SO good! I think they change one flavor weekly too. SOOOOOO good! They have good hot chocolate too with the yummy flavored creamers. Oh, I miss Maverick!