The slaughtered bear - The Price He Paid


This was the bear before he sacrificed his life.
This was the bear after.
Andrew was asked to play Ephraim Hanks for our Stake's Trek Fireside. Andrew mentioned the day before the fireside that he would need a beard, because the amazing brother Ephraim had a beard.

So Sarah and I went to D.I. to see what we could find. We found a big stuffed bear (and a table, but that is another story). We brought it home, and Sarah promptly attached herself to it.


I, being a sensitive Mom, waited until her naptime before the bear was mercilessly slaughtered.


And became Ephraim Hank's beard.


That is the price the bear paid.


I have to say that I do not doubt that Andrew played an awesome Ephraim Hanks. I love that I have a husband that is so willing to do things like that. My favorite role so far, was when he played Mosiah the Elder for our primary. His key prop was a pair of tennis shoes. He wanted to show the children that Mosiah heeded the Lord, and FLED out the the land when he was commanded. No sauntering. More like a run.


May I always be running.

Comments

Ben and Shara said…
where is the pic of the beard on his face?
Anonymous said…
Great idea--bear to beard. I'll have to try that sometime.

Also--LOVE the new header pic. What a darling girl!

wendy
Becca said…
That pic of Sarah up top is really cute. Her eyes look awesome.

And I am jealous of the Disney- goers! We are hoping to make a trip there this year, just the two of us!
Christy Dyer said…
I love the pic of Sarah on the top of your blog now. It is darling.
Annette said…
I saw Andrew "I mean Hyrum" last night, I must say...that was one of the most interesting beards I have ever seen. You are very creative, poor bear...What did you tell Sarah happened to the bear when she woke up? I am sure if she asked you had a great story.

I love the picture of Sarah at the top of your blog. She is such a little doll.
Annette said…
That is pretty bad, I mean Ephraim..see what happens when you get old. You can't remember anything for 5 seconds
jennaloha said…
I don't think the bear sacrificed his life. It seems more like homicide than suicide.