$2 Tuesday

Thank you, thank you, Sister Ashton for making Thanksgiving Point for us! Thank you Thanksgiving Point for $2 Tuesdays!

I had only been to Thanksgiving Point one time, and that was a mere glimpse as I had my bridal pictures taken there. I never returned. I missed so much.

I got another slice this week of this amazing gift from the Ashtons (of Word Perfect fame)when my wonderful in-laws invited Sarah and I to $2 Tuesday. We could have chosen any venue to visit, and they chose the Children's Gardens. To be honest, it sounded like a big YAWN to me ('yay, we are visiting a garden. My two year old will love it'...sarcasm, sarcasm). I was wrong. It was breathtaking, architecturally excellent, and a child's wonderland.

When we entered the garden, we came upon Noah's Ark. Sarah could have lived here and had a happy life. There were climbing rocks and squirting water...her two favorite things.
Cousin, Anna. What a joy to have her here from Boise. Thank you Uncle Ezra for making a 12 hour round trip drive to get her and Caitlyn. This week would not have been 1/4 as fun without them.
Josie is Sarah's exact age. I used to think that Sarah was intellectually a star, until I met Josie. She is brilliant with language, and speaks like someone twice her age. She is also endearingly funny, and laughs at all of Andrew's jokes. Oh, to have more Josies in the world.
I am so glad that I had my favorite water shoes for this day. Oh, how I love these shoes. When I asked the shoe experts at Cabella's what they would recommend as a sandal, they said, "Keens". I resisted, thinking that they were not good looking, and expensive. When I put them on, they became beautiful to me. Still, the price was my obstacle. Then, the salesperson suggested buying the children's shoes. They were half the price.

These are my children's Keens.
Sarah and cousin Gwen. Gwen actually got stitches the day after Sarah. Poor Granny Joan. It was traumatic for her to see her grandchildren suffer.

The most perfect Lily Pads I have ever seen. The children could look under the water, too at this fish filled wonder pond. Every happy thing was at a child's level.
Aunt Karrie and Josie. This is an amazing Mom, and a fabulous sister-in-law.
The children making butterflies. I was put to shame by Caitlyn and Anna's excellent coloring skills.
We put the butterflies in our hair and took pictures.
Sarah's butterfly bow. A throwback to the late eighties. Oh, when will big bows come back in style?
Excellent playgrounds make for deliciously sleepy children. Sarah fell asleep in the 'action area'.
Thank you, super Rails for inviting us to $2 Tuesday at my new favorite place: Thanksgiving Point.

Comments

Jensens said…
I have never been in the gardens there before. I always thought it would be a big yawn, too. But wow, I just may have to pay a visit and go on a Tuesday. Thanks for the info.!
Unknown said…
Wow, Sarah is big and really cute. I am really happy for you. God bless you!
Unknown said…
what a gorgeous place. I have good memories of those gardens. by the way, Candice, to make the fin and tail on the pinata I first waited for the first layer of paper mache to dry, I popped the inside balloon, then I cut up a milk jug in the shapes I wanted and stapled them to the paper mache body. Then I covered them with strips of newspaper. It worked really well and they stuck to the body really well.
Becky said…
I've never heard of $2 Tuesdays! Do they have those every week? I love Thanksgiving Point, it is so gorgeous, but I haven't taken my kids in a while ($$$$$) so I will remember this very helpful information!
Hope Sarah's finger heals nicely (it should since her cousins are praying for her!)
Anonymous said…
It looks like a lot of fun--and nothing relates to the coup of buying your shoes cheaper from the kids' department!