We are not dead:)

Thank you to all those who have expressed concern. From Tonga to Idaho, people actually noticed that I had not posted for awhile, and I appreciate that so much. I am touched when people care.

What have we been up to?

1. Drew went to China. I did not write about it in my blog, for my sweet sister-in-law mentioned that it might not be safe to advertise a house with lone women-folk, although Sarah's Jujitsu is quite frightening.

It was a grueling week without him. Yet, Sarah and I became accustomed to our girl world, and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" kept Sarah occupied while Mom was losing her breakfast. Drew returned bearing gifts, including the new Harry Potter DVD (bootlegged of course). I cried when Dumbledore died. I love him.

2. We all suffered from sickness besides "morning sickness". Andrew is literally coughing up his lungs. Sarah introduced her Utah cough to balmy Houston, TX.

3.Visited Texas a.k.a. "Katrinaland", for that is why we went (Katrina is my youngest and adored sister). I understand why Texans love Texas so much. The people there are pretty awesome. But, I liked Katrina the most. Now for many pictures:

Katrina is a rockin' fitness instructor. I had this picture taken our last day together directly following her spin class. The photographer was one of her many fans. Katrina is surprisingly popular in Houston. I am also in her fan club. If you visit Texas, Katrina can get you a VIP pass to all of the clubs she teaches at. I loved working out with her every day...twice a day.
Baby Teik. We arrived on Halloween Day, just in time to see Teikers in his American Gladiator glory. He is a laid back happy baby, who is also a Houston legend. He is well loved, just like his mother.
Sarah started traveling at 4:00 a.m. that morning with a cold and was not the happiest, nor alertest of trick-or-treaters.
But, candy heals all sickness.
This was 'how we rolled'.
Okay, so we were the only people with actual swimming suits on. It was Sarah's first trip to the beach. Sarah will live on a beach in her Celestial Kingdom.

The beach was replete with jellyfish. I worried the entire time about stings, but the children miraculously sidestepped all of these creatures.



This is a one baby stroller.
Katrina is the Primary President in her Branch. Space is so limited in their Branch house, that she is teaching Nursery in the hall between the Branch President's office and the Clerk's Office.
And this is the Church. I had to take a picture.
The front. Katrina and her husband Jon, who both hold multiple callings, said that most people talk about, "When I was on my mission" when referring to extraordinary church circumstances, or times when they really grew.

This sweet couple seriously joked that in their future (i.e. after Dental School) they will use the term, "Back at the Branch". It is a missionary experience and a half.
Sevy being an awesome cousin. I was so grateful to have such a great example with Sarah. Sevy (full name Sevryn Kelly after her grandfather and great-grandfather) was unselfish, kind, happy, and fun. She was perfect.
Anyway, these are the Rail happenings, for the last little while. Thank you, all, for being so good to us.

Comments

The Bears said…
I once went to a ward that rented it's building from a Catholic church. That was interesting, but not as cool as having church in a house. Sarah makes an adorable pumpkin, even when she's not feeling good and the American Gladiator costume has to be one of my favs. You look cute, you don't even look sick. I think you're faking.
Christy Dyer said…
So glad to hear from you! You have had some excitement in your lives. How fun to go be with your sister. Wish I could take some classes from her!
Dan said…
very excellent trip. It is so fun to hear about it all
Jensens said…
Glad to hear it :) What a fun trip. Visiting family is the best! Glad you made it home safely, and hope you are starting to feel a little better.
jennaloha said…
Fun post, Candice! You should have swung over to AZ to visit us too :) We would have shown you a good time although we aren't quite the legends around town that your sister's fam seems to deservedly be...
Janet said…
Looks like a great trip! Nothing compares to sister time. I love the beach pics and the jellyfish-insane! Tell Sarah that my heaven will also have beach, and a lake, and a swimming pool.
Minna Dyer said…
My brother Joel and his little family are there while he attends dental hygiene school. I know Houston is big but the Mormon world is not, esp. in the Bible Belt. I wonder if they know each other...?
Jon + Kat said…
You really got some great pictures of everyone! I love the one with all the kids in the back. I need to get those from you! It was fun having you here! You make me sound like a superstar! I wished you were in my step class tonight. I totally tripped and needed someone else to laugh with me over it. Everyone just stared.
it's easy to see why you're such a Katrina-fan! Sounds like you had a great vacation (minus the sniffles). Glad Andrew is back and no jujitsu was needed!
Mrs. Olsen said…
I love blink or you'll miss them branches. Sounds like your little sis is blazing a bagley trail of glory. Glad you got some sister love for my favorite candyfest of the year.

Happy Halloween (and now Thanksgiving).