The best husband, and the Choir's littlest dancer

I pretty much have the best husband on the planet...earth. There might be another of his caliber on another world, and I do not want to exaggerate, so I will just include this planet.

Andrew is a lover of great music. Yesterday, he worked very hard to get free tickets to the Utah Chamber Artists Christmas Concert.

Since marrying Drew, my love for sacred music has exploded. He is the family DJ and does an amazing job. Our home is more holy because of him and the music he introduces to us.

Alas, he only procured a single free ticket. He did the obvious thing. He babysat, while he let me go to the concert. Yes, he could have bought another ticket, but because of a job change (which we felt strongly about, and has brought happiness) we have tightened our belts and concert budget. He could have gone himself, but that was unthinkable to him. He just wanted to make me happy.

Can you imagine the gratitude I felt holding my ticket and going to this concert of concerts alone? Merry Christmas to me.

It is amazing spending 10 years with a person who everyday tries to think of ways to make you happy. It makes for a good life.

Thanks for babysitting, Drew. Elder Nelson (who was sitting behind me at the concert) and I thank you.

I tried to stealth a picture after the concert during the ovation. Of course, I could not look to see what I was capturing. Sadly, this is all I got.

Stealth is not my strong point.

**************
Before I left, while making dinner, Andrew turned on the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I had to record the happenings. You see, we originally watched it at our Stake Center. We did not think anyone would be there. We were wrong.

So the Stake Presidency, and various members got to see Sarah, not reverently sitting while the choir sang, but doing this:




She danced through all of the music. This was a small representation at our house last night. Sorry it is dark, and blurry. It is repetitious, so please do not subject yourselves to watching the whole thing. I just had to record it, because I have to remember Sarah as the Tabernacle Choirs littlest dancer.

Comments

The Bears said…
I tried watching the Christmas Devotional at my house. I did not realize there was a BYU channel and a KBYU channel. Needless to say, I was halfway through Gerald Lund's talk on Christ (in my defense, an appropriate Christmas subject) before I realized there had been no choir and no First Predidency. I flipped the channel right in time to hear President Monson and Silent Night. Maybe I needed to hear Lund's talk on Grace?
Andrew said…
Eh, he is overrated!
Jill Bagley said…
ha ha ,
that is SOOO cute.
she is such a great little dancer.
i wish i could express my love for that in that way. its not quite the same to see an adult do it :)