Life right now

I just wanted to update you on our good life.

PREGNANCY:
I love being pregnant. I wish that I were pregnant all of the time.

This week I surpassed the point where only women from foreign countries, or over 90 years of age, will dare to ask if I am pregnant. This is nice. Sarah and I go to the gym every day, and because of the distinction, I feel like a superhero working out while pregnant: rather than a chubby wimp who only uses the base of the step, modifies her jumping jacks, and leaves before abdominals.

I am now feeling heavy with child, yet as I approach month 7 I still have no "outie". I have always wanted an "outie" belly button. It eluded me my first pregnancy, and again in this one.

I took pictures of my flattening "innie", but Drew thought they were really gross, so you might never see them.

BELL TRYOUTS:
I am still in tryouts for Bells on Temple Square. It is a two month process, where every week you hope not to get cut. I am still hanging on with one week to go. I have relaxed with the realization that I will probably not be chosen for the single remaining position. Yet, they feel like I have potential, and want me to continue to try out until they need me. That is why I am still there. Most of the women remaining have tried out before, and we just stay on until it is our time. Apparently, it takes the average Mormon Tabernacle Choir member 4 tryouts to be chosen.

It took me several weeks to figure out that what we look like playing the bells outweighs how we play by some margin. So, I try to be the best smiler there, and look good while playing. This is not as easy as it sounds, and I often forget. Today, while playing, I looked right at the director, smiled my brightest smile and played my bells big and beautiful. She exclaimed, "Wonderful! You have your T.V. faces!"

I am thrilled that they have decided to fore go the music theory written test. I have been studying my heart out, since I could be the only one in the group that did not take theory in college. I have every, "Music Theory for Dummies" book in our libraries.

PHOTOS:
Finally, some pictures of us. Sarah has become quite the photographer, and while we delete 87 out of 100 photos, some of them are good.

Sarah took this photo.
And this one. Sorry I included both. I thought I looked cute.


I took this one. Cameron, on the left, is Andrew's awesome big brother. We traveled to Boise for the blessing of their daughter, Gigi. Cameron and Summer were excellent hosts, and we felt right at home. I love that the Rails go to great lengths to attend baptisms and blessings. I think it is an important tradition.

Sarah at the zoo. While we have a world-class zoo here in Salt Lake, I did chose a cold day to go. We were one of the only living things there. Even the animals realized it was too cold to go outside.
Sarah took this one. Must I always be eating in pictures?
And Drew took this one of his parents and I. They are some of the really good and kind people of the world. We were at a Lion House wedding reception of an old Rail family friend, Tammy Squires. Her great parents were stranded in Washington D.C. in a major storm, so she parent less. We were sad to miss them, because they are superstars.

And there is an update of my life...at least the part where I had a photo record.


Comments

The Bears said…
I loved being pregnant,once I get over the part where I'm sick. It's actually been pretty weird all of a sudden not being pregnant. It's just a special time... I'm glad you enjoy it too!
Jon + Kat said…
I also love being pregnant, although if I really think about it, I'm generally more sick than healthy while I'm pregnant. Oh well. I never got an outie either. Both times it never happened, but the more I see women with the painfully obvious outies, the more thankful I am for a perfectly round belly! Still looking for fabric for you. I found some I think I'll end up using, but it's finding the other groupings that I'm just not that good at. Hmm.
Dan said…
the photos are awesome.

I hope you make the bells. then you'll have to let us know when you'll be performing.
Ben and Shara said…
Really, people can't tell that you are pregnant? I'm so jealous. I feel like I'm hanging all out there at 26 weeks. There is no question that I'm with child. Good job holding it in, I wish the "questionable" stage had lasted longer for me.

I love the pictures of you in the red top. You looking wonderful.

Good luck with the bells.
Christy Dyer said…
So great to get an update on bells and pregnancy. You do look beautiful and I'm sure you have the best smile in the tryout group!
The Bears said…
My belly button popped before my stomach even grew. My doctor even made a comment about how quick I lost my belly button. I had lunch with Bear's friends from work yesterday and one of them asked me how I knew Andrew Rail. I felt like I knew someone very famous the way he asked. I guess they served in the same mission and he saw him listed as my friend on facebook.
Candice said…
You know, I forget how awful pregnancy was at the beginning...I guess that is a blessing. I am in the really great period now, so I guess that I could be in second trimester pregnancy forever:).
Shannon said…
Candice, those pictures of you are great! You are gorgeous.

And really, you only look 5 months pregnant.
I do not love being pregnant. I feel sick the whole time, but I love the reward! And you are my hero if you're going to aerobics classes at 7 months pregnant! I am out of breath walking across our house at that point. :)
Christy Dyer said…
Candice, are you ok? haven't seen a blog for quite a while!