Altogether to Church

Yesterday was our first venture to Church as an entire family: not, Mommy goes to Sacrament meeting with Sarah, runs home, and Daddy comes back to teach Sunday School, and hits another ward's sacrament, runs home, and Mommy comes back for Young Womens.

No, this day we went all together.
I was hoping for a family picture, but I faced Steele away because he was crying. And we tried to get Sarah in the picture, and as you can see...
Notice how warm we are dressing. I am amazed when I look at other blogs and it is summer. We have not had a summer yet. At least it is not too hot.

***********************

Steele is doing so great. I am figuring out his schedule, and his little signs, and he is figuring out mine. He is sleeping in his crib for nap times, and all night, and innately understands the crib means close your eyes and go to sleep. This may not seem like a big deal. But, Sarah slept in our room for almost a year. I do not expect him to be so great.

Other things that surprise me about him:
-he loves to get his diaper changed
-he smiles
-he calms down with a good swaddling
-his cheeks are delicious

*********************************

We had two cousin get togethers this weekend. I keep forgetting my camera. Friends are wonderful things. But COUSINS...now that is something spectacular. There is nothing like getting together with cousins. Sarah was in Sarah bliss land, and Steele got his cup filled with Granny lovin'. And I got my stomach filled with Peach Cobbler. It was a great weekend.

Comments

The Bears said…
The Sarah picture cracks me up. It was fun to see you at church. I'm glad I picked your first day back as a family to come visit.
Christy Dyer said…
I love the reality of family life. I love that you post it. It makes all of us feel better!
Jon + Kat said…
You look fantastic Candi! I can't believe how bundled you are. I was melting at the zoo today in a t-shirt and shorts and it wasn't even as bad as it's been. We need to send you some of our heat.
Lorin and Liza said…
I like how you said everyone got "filled".
Becca said…
We've been meaning to come visit you guys.. no one in Steve's fam has your # :) Will you email it to me?
beccabooo82@hotmail.com

Thanks Candice!