Fun is Free

For work, Andrew had to go to Snowbird to witness a convention. We hitched a ride. While there, we learned again that fun is free.
I had planned on letting Sarah partake of a few of the summertime activities offered at Snowbird. But, I forgot my wallet.
So, while Andrew was at the convention, I made a discovery. Sarah had more fun climbing the gratis rocks twenty feet away from the rock wall, than she had climbing the fake wall, saving me $5.00.
And while Steele slept...
I rediscovered that there are few things funner than throwing rocks into moving water. We did this for an hour. Oh, yes, it was free, as opposed to the bungee trampoline or the alpine slide. In lu of the slide, Sarah slid down a dirt hill on her bottom, over and over again. That was free too.

It only cost us a bath.
We had a good time. I must remember that a stick can often bring more joy than an expensive toy. Thanks, Sarah, for the lesson.

Comments

The Bears said…
I could sit by a mountain stream for hours... then you add throwing rocks in and I'll be there all day. It must be the negative ions.
That does sound like a fun day. I will have to teach Sarah the dangers of climbing rocks at Lake Powell. Those rocks were mean. I can't wait to take Aviel places like that. Is outside considered 'in public'?
Let's replay this very moment when we come out to SLC this summer!!

xoxo-
karrie
All those things you mentioned Sarah loved to do, our little John does daily in our yard and in the creek nearby. You'll have to come visit so they can do them together!