An Elayna, great bugs, and a haircut

For Christmas I want an Elayna. An Elayna is a 10 year old super responsible girl who loves to hold babies. My sister, Brandi has one and I am so jealous. She just makes life easier.



Brandi, and three of her children came to visit yesterday and today. In preparation, I decided to cut Sarah's hair. Yah, I am not sure of the connection myself.
I could not find our hair cutting scissors, so I thought fabric cutting scissors would be okay. I was wrong. It turned out shorter than I had hoped, and every time she walks by, I see long hairs the scissors missed, even after two hair cutting sessions, and a ton of chocolate milk to entice her with. You should have seen my first attempt. I took no pictures as not to leave any traumatizing proof.
Brandi's children are so funny. They exclaimed how amazing Utah was. Not because of its beautiful mountain scenery or nice weather or great shopping: no, it was our bug population. They said that they had not seen bugs like ours for years. This was in my city neighborhood. They made me take pictures of a hundred roly polies, and this beauty of a 'tree slug', which was outside my front door.
Gross.
I love you all. Maybe someday, I will have an Elayna, Anna, and Laural of my own. If not, please let me hang out with you guys in the eternities.

Comments

Oh, Candace, I've cut Lucie's hair WAY shorter than intended a few times. I've just started taking her to a professional. It's $10 well worth it for me! Sarah looks darling!
Ben and Shara said…
girlies!! So fun, I can't wait until my girlies grow up to be just like them!!
Becky said…
Sarah's beautiful no matter what scissors you use! Same for Brandi's cuties! I miss those munchkins. My favorite Elayna story from when I was her Sunbeam teacher in NJ is when she would kneel during classtime and and say during the class prayer, in the sweetest 3 year old voice: "And please bless my 3 beautiful daughters." Awwwwh.
Brandi said…
You're so nice Candice! Thank you for letting us stay with you & I can't wait to play with you, Steele, and Sarah again soon.
Jon + Kat said…
Do you think Brandi would let me borrow Elayna next time we have a kid? That girl has a gift! We found a stellar caterpillar while I was attacking my garden on Monday and I thought of Brandi's girls who would love it! I thought it was a little gross!
jennaloha said…
Looks like all that practice you got cutting me and Rebecca's hair paid off? Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong and it was us that cut your hair? I don't remember which but I do remember somebody crying...
Christy Dyer said…
Such a fun blog and tribute! I want an Elayna too!