The best part of our day

I was just taking a relaxing bath (the kind you take when everyone in the house is asleep, and you are waiting to give the baby a dream feed so he will sleep through the night), when I thought about the best part of this day. It was between parties. We were sitting in our living room together, with "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" streaming over the internet. We were taking turns drawing a face on a pumpkin patch pumpkin with permanent black marker. The pumpkin had turned from traditional jack o' lantern into a mermaid pumpkin. Sarah was dancing in between artistic endeavors. Probably on a bit of a sugar high. Steele was squealing and laughing. There was a sweet spirit in our home and we were happy.

That is when we are happiest. When we are together. All together. Andrew, Sarah, Steele, and I. We are always happy when we are all together.

In fact, our family theme song is "Better when we're together" by Jack Johnson.

I met triplets today while at Banana Republic. I loved them. They were sisters in their 70s with a palpable bond. I basked in their closeness and relished their triplet stories. I told them that I had always wanted to be a multiple or have a multiple.

My reasoning was forever friendship. I have always believed that if you are or have a multiple, you have instant companion. I was ALMOST a multiple. Brandi is my almost twin, being 11 months younger than me. She was my other half growing up. Then came Jaclyn and Katrina, and we were practically quadruplets..."the girls"-always grouped together, but we never minded. Then came our adored brother Shawn. They were my favorite friends, and still are. My siblings are my great companions.

Now my companions are Drew, Sarah, and Steele. There is not a day that goes by that I hope for more children so that I can have more best friends for our family.

Anyway, enough of my 11:20 p.m. rambling. I am late for Steele's feeding. I just did not want to forget the best part of my day.

Comments

Ben and Shara said…
I dream of this as well.
Dan said…
That's awesome. These are the best moments.
Kim and Preston said…
That is awesome! I think together with family is the best part of any day. It makes everything worth it. Thank you for the reminder.
Shannon said…
That is awesome you and your sis are so close. Triplets sound adorable but then I think about how crazy having three babes would be!!
Brandi said…
I agree, nothing brings me more happiness than being together with my little family, or reminising with my brother and sisters. You're the best almost twin ever!