Sixth Crossing

Mom and Dad are again on a mission. They are the director's of 'Sixth Crossing' in the middle of Wyoming. Before I went, I was not quite sure what Sixth Crossing meant.
The name signifies the sixth crossing of the Sweetwater River as settlers came west on the Oregon, California, Pony Express, and Mormon Trails (I hope that I have that right). It is also the place where the Willie Handcart Company was saved.

The land was untouched, and felt holy by the sacrifice of 500,000 pioneers, particularly our pioneers. I loved feeling the land, and breathing the clean air.

When I went to Jerusalem, I had hoped to walk where Jesus walked. Well, when I got there I realized that Jerusalem had changed and I was walking streets maybe 50 ft. above where He walked.

In Wyoming, you really walk the same trails and see the same things the Pioneers saw (thank you Sun family for preserving it). It is an amazing experience, and Mom and Dad are EXCELLENT tour guides.

'Willie', the Sixth Crossing dog. Sarah was in Sarah heaven playing with Mom and Dad's new mascot. She took this picture.


The Sweetwater. We were told that it was far larger and deeper when it brought the Saints to their knees.


Sister Bagley (Gran) and Sarah walking to Church at Martin's Cove. Dad is in the Branch Presidency, and most of the missionaries have gone home for the winter. Only a few remain, including Mom and Dad.



I had not bought any winter pajamas yet, so Steele went to his Wyoming bed in his Halloween Pumpkin costume. I am a firm believer that costumes should be worn more than once.


When arrived in Wyoming and were greeted by hot homemade bread. My favorite.
This is where Mom and Dad will live, and where they will brave the winter (I cannot help but think of the difference between their beautiful home in Idaho, and this trailer. But, in true Mom fashion, she made it welcoming and beautiful).

I think that the sparse winter missionaries are called 'polar bears'.






On the drive back, we stopped at 'Little America' in the middle of nowhere. I think that was its charm. We met people from all over the world, and got these gargantuan 50 cent ice cream cones.

Have a great Wyoming winter, Elder and Sister Bagley. We love that you are serving, and we loved visiting you.

Comments

Christy Dyer said…
Makes me weep! Weep at the love you have for your parents. Weep at their sacrifice. Weep at the knowlege we have of the sacrifice for those who have gone before us. I'm sure they loved your visit sooooo
much!
I love the little puppy they got. They told me the story of how they aquired it, but I still think it is funny that your dad has a puppy. We are visiting them next weekend. Should be fun. I want to get in there before the snow does. Congrats on Sarah being totally potty trained. Avi is getting there.
Oh my heavens! I love all the pictures, but the one of Sarah and the .50 ice cream is my FAVORITE! Soooo cute!

oxo,
karrie
Candace said…
Oh I'm so glad you were able to go visit! I bet your parents were excited too. It looks like a really fun trip.
Jon + Kat said…
Steele looks like a little stud in his sweater vest! Love it! Jealous that you got to see mom and dad! I can't believe they have puppy! Miss ya'll!