Future Olympian

Sarah went ice skating for the first time today.

I worried for a moment about a 3 year old daughter who might be timid. I did not want to traumatize her on her first ice experience.

I had no need to worry. She was confident, balanced, fast and brave.

While we circled the rink, I began again to expect no less than Olympic level athleticism out of my eldest.

No pressure, Sarah. Okay, maybe a little pressure, Sarah.

Every round on the ice we were greeted by our biggest fans pictured below:

On the right, Dorah the Explorer (one of Sarah's mentors), Steele, Sarah's littlest friend, and of course the unpictured Dad, who loves Sarah more than any daughter has the right to be loved.

It was more than a wonderful time. I was button bursting proud.


Comments

Candace said…
That is awesome! She looks so tiny out there on the big ice rink. Go Sarah!
Miss K$ said…
first time i ever skated was with you john bagleys in reno. i cried and cried. i was traumatized and maybe 5. good work sarah!