Sigh of Relief

When the following event occurred, I sighed with relief. It was a sign to me that we were doing okay.

At Church, Andrew drew a picture like this on his tablet:
He said, "That's Mommy".

Sarah said emphatically, "That is NOT Mommy" (too angry).

Thank you Sarah. I would die if my children thought of me as an angry Mommy. Stern Mommy, I have no problem with. Strict Mommy might even be a complement. But mad or angry...never.

Cheerful Mommy of well-mannered children is the goal (we are working on it).

Also, Steele has been saying "Thank You" all of the time, and an occasional "Excuse Me". I never taught him that. He just picked it up from his family.

Sigh of relief.

Comments

The Bears said…
So funny. I would only draw a picture of you with the very biggest smile.
Jon + Kat said…
Jon asked me if Nice Kat was coming back after the baby was born. It makes me worry about having more kids! I would also sigh in relief! If Sarah married Cairo, it would totally add to their randomly related family web that we like to call the Brunson's!