Family Photobook

I had quite the scare this morning. Our computer played dead. It took with it years of pictures. I had it resuscitated, but the scare gave me the catalyst to blog some of my pictures of this summer. You see, although 'the cloud' MIGHT be fallible, it will probably be more reliable than my computer. I hope.

So, here are some summer activities that I almost lost:

On the 24th of July I had this great idea to hike to the top of Ensign Peak to watch the 'Day's of 47' parade.  I actually believed that we would be able to see the parade from there sans crowds.  Oh, well.  

Hiking Ensign Peak.  What you cannot see is that I carried Steele and my unborn boy most of the way.  I showed this picture, because Steele carried rocks while I carried him.  I never need toys when there are rocks and sticks around.

Yay for sparklers.  The only firework that I have ever bought.  July would not be July without them



My favorite weekend of the summer.  We went to BYU-I's education week.  I am better forever because of it.  This is Steele in the Botanical Gardens while we attended an Alumni Barbecue. 

While in Idaho, Dad got our little 4-wheeler out for Sarah and Steele.  These are not as ubiquitous in Salt Lake City, and we loved being able to ride.

Every weekend this summer we went to Ogden because they opened up select museums free to the public.  Our favorite, hands down was the Treehouse Museum.  It is the best children's museum I have ever seen.


Brandi, who is 11 months younger than I am, and who is not only my sister, but one of my lifetime's dearest friends graduated with her Masters degree in Education.  You might not be able to see it but she is pregnant with her 8th child.

Sarah had been holding onto Aunt Brandi's graduation gift for two days, waiting for the right time to give it to her.  (You can see it behind Sarah's back).

Sarah finally finished her first year of violin, and performed her "Twinkle Recital"  This is her teacher, Miss Amy, tuning her little violin.



She earned her Twinkle certificate, i.e. she can play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star about 6 different ways.  I think it only  cost about $2000 to accomplish the feat.  But it was absolutely worth it.

First Day of School, Ever.  She LOVED it.
Pictures playing in Steele's room before Stake Conference last week.







Comments

Kim and Preston said…
We will miss you and are sorry that we were unable to attend your party. Keep in touch :)
Mrs. Olsen said…
I love your prego shot btw. You really have that glow going!

OK, your sister has 8 kids? That is impressive. She must be cranking those kids out. Go sis!

Didn't know about the Treehouse Museum, so thanks for the heads up.

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!