The World's Luckiest Mom

I really feel this way. I cannot imagine anyone luckier (or blesseder) than me. I am sure there are, but I just cannot imagine it.
I do mourn for mother hearts who do not have children yet.  I understand a little what Mother's Day can be like when you are doing your darndest just to become one, without success.

This is the girl whose greatest gift was making me a Mother.  She made us a Family with a capital 'F'.
And we have a third Rail.  He is 6 months old and is awesome.  He is a little high maintenance but happiness happiness happiness.  I would have a hundred more if I could.

We all call him 'Peter' but I hold a secret wish for him to go by his middle name, 'Knox'.
My fabulous family cooked breakfast and lunch for me.  The ever patient Drew always has the kids help.  How many fathers put eggs into their children's hands like this?  We only lost maybe 4 eggs in this cooking session.  They made me stuffed french toast, with homemade berry syrup, eggs and bacon.  Seriously?  Whose life is that great?  Mine.

That evening we gathered at Mom and Dad's.  That is always sweet.
We sincerely enjoy each other.  It is fun to live in a place where they are well known, so I am cool by association.
We love our cousins.
I received a smaller camera for my Mother's day gift.  I had to document that we actually had a third child.  So I kept trying to take pictures of him.
Sarah had her turn on the bridge after Brandi's family took pictures.  I love that my parents live in a lovely marshland.  So beautiful.  So close to God.  Many a prayer has been uttered by me just lying in their yard.
Now my prayer is just gratitude that they have all been answered.

Happy Mother's Day to me.  So grateful to be one.

Comments

The Bears said…
Beautiful pictures... especially love the one of Sarah at the end! I am jealous of your breakfast... tht sounds delish and I love the name Knox, so he'll at least have one person call him that.
You ARE a lucky mom - those are some of the cutest kids I've ever seen (who cares if I'm a biased family member - they're still cute!)

Love that pic of Sarah on the bridge - she is growing up!

Peter looks just like Steele - a carbon copy - do you ever get them confused in their baby pics? Give yourself a little more time and I bet you will ; )