An Amazing 4th of July Weekend

I felt impressed to travel to Idaho for the 4th of July. Heavenly Father just wanted me to have a little joy...I ended up having a whole lot of joy.












We arose on the morning of the 4th and met Jaclyn and Brandi and their families at the Rexburg Municipal Airport. We jumped into our respective cars and drove to Smith Park to line up for the Rexburg Whoopee Days parade.




Rexburg is a fabulous parade. As my sister, Brandi, mentioned, "If you grab your truck, put a banner on it, and stick your children in the back throwing candy, it is a float". Man, I love those kind of floats.

As a child, I went to the parade specifically for the candy. In this parade, hundreds of children line the streets with their plastic grocery bags waiting for the goods. I did that. It was halloween for the summertime. If you are not lining the parade, you are in the parade. Having a Dad who owned a business, many years we were in the parade. Dad would shine up his antique cars, and we grabbed our candy and waved.Because of this tradition, I was excited to relive my youth with Baby Sarah, my Sisters, and my nieces and nephews. We represented Dad's Legacy Flight Museum (banner on airplane=float).

Uncle Terry with the fabulous hair and the golden heart and his family have the tradition of gathering from all over and riding in the parade as the "Bagley Tractor Racing Team" complete with tractors and cool t-shirts.













Afterwards we congregated at Mom and Dad Bagley's house for slip 'n slide and super yummy hamburgers. It was special for us because we usually went waterskiing or jetskiing on July 4th. However, we never really had a normal barbeque with slip 'n slide like an All-American family. For some reason, this was fun...kind of like how we never went on family drives...we went on family flights, hence anytime we drove, we were pretty excited.

Dad, somehow with his superstar status, gets VIP tickets every year to the super spectacular Malelucah Fireworks show. This means that we get VIP parking at the Shiloh Inn on the river across from the Idaho Falls Temple (passing all of the cute families barbeque-ing and playing football on their flat bed semi trucks on the way). We also get dinner, a concert from the Idaho Symphony, and front row comfy Fireworks seats with the good people who are doing their best to run Idaho. I loved the strong values of the South East Idaho leaders. They were obviously LDS, who loved their country, their religion, their families, and Idaho. It was so nice to be around them.


Dad let Andrew and I have the tickets, so we were excited for the VIP finalee to our wonderful July 4th. Our favorite part was sitting next to Judy Robyn who is over the prison system in Idaho. She was sweet and soft yet strict...not how I imagined the head of the Idaho prisons.


We ended the night watching Zach and Steve light fireworks at Mom and Dad's gorgeous home. It was a wonderful family day.


Comments

Jon + Kat said…
thank you for posting pictures of Juliet. Kalle posted a picture of Cairo. I'm like the long lost sister who gets no pictures sent to me except by you because you write occasional emails with pictures. I haven't seen my 2 newest family members for 6 months until others post pictures of them for me. It looks like the fourth was stupendous! I wish I could have been there. Maybe next year. I want to come home for like a month and actually get all the fun events that I've missed for too many years! Love you and love your blog!