Baptisms and the Conference Center













On the Tuesday of our Staycation we went and did Baptisms at the Salt Lake Temple with our Stake. Because Andrew was needed more than I in the Baptistry, I got Sarah duty. Sarah and I toured temple square with some of the youth who did not have their recommends. Sarah, I am sorry to say was feeling a little independant and slightly put out. It was all worth it though, when Andrew emerged from the baptistry and we got to tour the GORGEOUS roof of the Conference Center.

Andrew proposed to me on the top of the Conference Center, and I have really not toured it since. If you are not aware, the Conference Center's roof is filled with 5 acres of gorgeous foliage starting from what it looked like for Brigham Young and his company when they entered the Salt Lake Valley (Pine, Aspen) down to the desert. There are rivers of fountains and a memorial depicting all "nations kindreds and tongues". Someone is represented from every nationality, and if you look closely you can see President David O. McKay as a baby. My idol from Anasazi, Ezekial Sanchez and his wife and children are also etched on it.

You have to go up there with a guide, and a member of our bishopric was one. I have to say, things have changed for the breathtaking since we last were on the roof. The vegetation has flourished, and if you happen to be there at sunset, be prepared to have your spirit soar.
I included pictures that a ward member gave to me. As you can see, Sarah is a little sad, but I was loving it.

Comments

Lorin and Liza said…
Love it, keep it coming. I wish i could figure out how to add others blog links to the side of mine.
Dan said…
Candice! I love the pics!
Leslie said…
So I have no idea why you are an "insecure blogger" you are - AWE.SOME! I have now read every post from the beginning and am so excited to keep up to date on my lovely Candice and crew!