"Holy intuitiveness, Batman", and mother of the Dancin' machine

Last Monday, Andrew, being a rockstar at work, won me an IPOD TOUCH. I love it, and I love Andrew for bequeething it to me. He is so great. He worked for a month and was the second highest producer in his company. Hence, he won the i-touch. He really wanted the Plasma TV, but I am more grateful for the IPOD.

I have to say that Apple is brilliant. This is a completely intuitive device, in every sense of the word. It has a wonderful internet, calendar, notes, maps, weather, etc. It is so easy to use, which makes a difference for me.

Now, I just need suggestions on what songs to put on it. I have quite a few, but I am getting a little tired of them. I do not listen to the radio, so I am not really up on what is popular right now. My college career of music consisted of Church music, and whatever they played at EFY dances.

After I got married, I became the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's biggest fan. Now, I would like to venture out a little. I love clean happy music with a wonderful beat. My daughter and I dance a lot, so dance music is appreciated.

If anyone has a suggestion, or would like to let me know what their favorite song is, that would be great. I am all ready to download.

My favorite songs right now are: Solsbury Hill (by Peter Gabriel), He Mele No Lilo (that amazing Hula song from Lilo and Stitch), Through Heaven's Eyes (from Prince of Egypt), El Yivneh Hagalil (BYU Men's Chorus), and Bubble Toes (by Jack Johnson).

TOMMOROW I GET TO BE IN THE WHOOPEE DAYS PARADE!

In my lifetime of experience, the three best places to spend the fourth of July would be

1. Washington D.C.
2. Provo, Utah
3. REXBURG FREAKING IDAHO!!!!!!!

I have to admit that Rexburg is my favorite. They have what are called "Whoopee Days" and I pray that they never change the name. In the LDS west some towns get the parades and celebrations of the 4th of July, and the nearby towns celebrate the 24th of July (when our Pioneer Mormon Ancestors entered the Salt Lake Valley)...i.e. Rexburg and Provo gets the 4th and St. Anthony and Salt Lake City gets the 24th. That means twice the celebration for all of us.

Anyway, I know that my bias towards Rexburg comes from the fact that I am from Rexburg. But truly, you will not find a nicer town in the whole world. Every time I return to my stomping grounds, I am shocked and amazed at how NICE and TRUSTING everyone is. Their lives revolve around their Mormon faith, their families, and their homes. It permiates everything. I love them for that. Also, if you want to visit the Celestial Kingdom (another word for heaven) on earth, visit Rexburg in the summer. Weather rarely gets nicer than this. Although, being in the desert, it gets a little chilly at nights, and wind...well, it gets windy too, which was a problem in the days when I wore a lot of hairspray (go 80s and 90s), but now I just let the wind do what it will to my hair.

Anyway, I have been touting the benefits of Rexburg with such vehemence lately, that I was actually asked if I were in the Rexburg Chamber of Commerce. I am not, but I am a big fan. Go Rexburg.

One of our family traditions is being in the Whoopee Days parade somehow. My father owned a business, and a garage full of antique cars, tractors, a various heavy machinery. This gave us ample things to drive in the parade and a reason to do it. I thought that those days were over, but now that Dad has started the Legacy Flight Museum, we get to be in the parade representing the museum.

Also, Idaho Falls, ID has the best fireworks show that I have ever been to. (Remember that we have lived all over the world). The Malelucah Fireworks over the River are amazing. I hope that they are all that I remember. The last time I went (which was a few years ago) Dad started the fireworks by doing a flyby in his P-51 Mustang. Go Dad. I am hoping to attend the amazing Malelucha fireworks show again this year. If not, a good set of sparklers with the family will fill my fireworks cup.

I have to mention (on a completely different subject) that my daughter is a dancer. When the music comes on, she grooves. I did not teach her this. I discovered it at the last two weddings that we attended. They both had dances, and Sarah did not merely dance on the sidelines. She braved a trampling by getting right into the middle of the electric slide and getting her groove on. I am so proud.

By the way, at Sarah's first wedding, she caught the bouquet...it actually kind of caught her. She was just being held by my husband, and it hit her when it was tossed. Marriage is a good thing. I hope the man she marries is amazing to the core like she is.

Comments