Great Sunday, Great Monday





My favorite day of the week is...Sunday. It is followed closely by Monday.

On Sunday I get to go to Church which is my favorite thing in the world. Even with Sarah, it is great. This Sunday was special because the Young Women were asked to do the entire Sacrament Meeting. It was kind of a miracle what occurred.

Our Young Women come from diverse backgrounds. We have everything from our Wunderkind, Kyrene, whose parents are not active, but is our class scriptorian, and all around superstar, to girls who do not know the Gospel at all and have been abused and come from the most horrific of backgrounds. Sadly, out of the eight girls we had at Church on Sunday, only three came from homes with a Mommy and a Daddy who both go to Church with the daughter (and two of those are sisters).

We had a glorious song practice that morning at our house, and then the girls spoke. With coaching from some amazing Young Women leaders, they did a great job. Only one got serious stage fright, but was afterword consoled by the uberhuggable Danny Tupua who is in our Bishopric.

I was able to speak, which is my favorite thing, and the 2 minute talk turned out wonderful. I just love the spirit.

After Church we had a visit from Andrew's Mom and Dad. How we love them. They are stalwarts and all around good people. Andrew made dinner (of course) including a yummy peach pie. We talked and played a game and went for a walk.

I forgot to mention why Monday is my second favorite day. I am always so inspired on Sunday, that I am really productive on Monday. While Sunday is my day of rest (so to speak), Monday is my 'get done everything I felt inspired to do on Sunday' day.
Anyway, the pictures of us hiking were taken on Monday morning. Andrew works on Monday afternoons, so we have 'Family Home Morning' on Monday, and we like to go hiking up in Millcreek Canyon.

Yay for Sundays and Mondays. Yay for wonderful in-laws. Yay for amazing Young Women, and their awesome leaders.


Comments

Ben and Shara said…
I love the idea of a Stay-Cation, I think that is exactly what my little family needs as well. Great idea.