The Church History Museum, and the 77 Stake Conference

For our Sunday afternoon activity, we visited the Church History Museum. I love living in Salt Lake City.


They have an amazing Children's Room, and until now, Sarah had been a little young to appreciate it. They change it every few months, and it is an excellent place for children to play and learn about the Gospel.

Every time I go to the museum, I also visit the Pillow. It was a pin cushion of President Taylor's. While he was waiting for his daughter, Sophie, to be born, he arranged the pins to say,

"Welcome Sweet Babe,
To Thee is Given
To live on earth
And to reign in Heaven."

I loved the cushion, because that is how I feel about Sarah. She was born to be so much more. She was born to reign...in Heaven.
Sarah, you are the sweetness of the fruit on the tree of life.

Andrew and I could not resist dressing up as shepherds with Sarah, and taking a family picture. My camera takes these non-focused pictures, which can be cool looking sometimes, but are the bain of my life. If I am doing something wrong with my Sony Cyber-shot, and someone has more expertise, let me know.

Sarah's biggest fan is Dad. For real. He is a great man, and a true Shepherd. with a capitol 'S'.


Our morning was spent at Stake Conference. It felt historical as it was my first broadcast Stake Conference. President Monson conducted, and Elder Hinckley, Elder Ballard, and Sister Lant (General Primary President) spoke to 77 Stakes in North Salt Lake. It was excellent. Elder Hinckley spoke on gratitude that the Lord keeps all of His promises, families, sealings, and hearts of fathers and children being turned to each other. Elder Ballard spoke on following the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Sister Lant spoke on Motherhood and families, and that we have no excuse to not be keeping all of the Lord's commandments (she said it with such gentleness and sweet conviction, that I wanted to do all that she said). She was great. President Monson spoke on Love.
Andrew and I discovered that we were having a broadcast, when we wondered if the Stake was having a choir for the upcoming conference. We had just had success with a Young Women's choir, and we approached our visiting Stake Counselor about having a Youth Choir sing at conference. He said we did not need one, for they were not in charge. I could see why.

Comments

Jensens said…
I love the children's room at the Church History Museum, too. We've only been a couple of times, but it is so much fun. Thank you for reminding me of it. You guys are so cute. Thank you for your always upbeat and positive attitude, you are truly wonderful!
Becky said…
You know how when you live somewhere, you never do all the cool tourist-y things because you think you've got all the time in the world? Adam and I are sooo guilty of that. People tell us it's so neat that we live in Alaska and they want to know where we've been and what we've done. Honestly, not much. So kudos for getting out there and enjoying what Salt Lake has to offer!

I've never been to the Church History Museum, but now I really want to go! :)
Josh and Amber said…
That looks like a lot of fun. And let me just say, you sarah and andrew make some pretty cute shephards!