The Things We Don't Usually Do on the Sabbath

This is Drew.  Candice worries that when I post, no one knows it is me.  I think she is right, but I don't care.

Anyhow.  

Candice and Sarah have the energy of the family (can you imagine!)  So sometimes they wander the neighborhood.  That consists of our little townhouse development, two softball fields, the fire department, a tennis court, a home for abused children (The Christmas Box House that the book was based on), a park, and the South Salt Lake County Public Health Center.  

The Health Center has a library.  Most of the people visiting the center are Latinos, and the librarian is a wonderful, kind Latina (which rhymes with Katrina, who we are grateful survived Hurricane Ike).  The bibliotecario (librarian) loves Sarah and always gives her special books to keep (like Good Night, Moon and Olivia books).

The other day she gave Sarah a Baby Einstein bath book called "What Floats."

We started reading it to her yesterday.  Today during family scripture study she was bringing it to Mommy and Daddy.  Apparently, Baby Einstein is scripture now.

Daddy (Drew) saw something in the first page of the book that was not quite scripture study appropriate.

Here is what the book looks like for real.  I am putting the text under the photos since I cannot figure out how to make it bigger:


I float beside my mommy
As quiet as can be.
Beside me floats a bubble--
Now what else can I see


But then this is what I saw:

Pee-Yewwwww!
Was that you, Baby Lion?
*pop*
Listen to Baby Lion giggle.

Candice did not appreciate that I thought of this on the Sabbath.

But it was still funny.

By the way, if you want to see my once in a blue moon updated blog, which is far too serious in Candice's opinion, you can go here: http://drewsconcerns.blogspot.com/


ps - Katrina, I originally accidentally wrote that you "surprised" Hurricane Ike instead of "survived."  The visual image was hilarious.

Comments

Ben and Shara said…
wow, I love this book. I'm going to try and find it. It is a good chuckle.
p.s. I can't believe all the places you guys have lived.
Candice said…
Drew, you are so funny. I love that you not only thought of a new way to enterprete the picture, but you also took the time to Photoshop or whatever you did to get your new words in.

Ever since before we were married, you have had this great gift of making up new words for pictures.

Now, if this one did not include body humor, it would be perfect;)
Melissa Buecher said…
Candice. I have never met your husband, but he made me laugh. I like that. He seems like a good man. Why have I never met him?

Next question. Are you the kind of husband/wife team that texts/IM's each other while in the same room as each other? I ask this because you address him in the comments of your own blog. Suspicious.

Next question. I emailed you a while back asking a small favor, but have yet to hear from you. Suspicious.

Last question. When we were in Honduras, did you ever get tired of listening to the same tape over and over again?