Fall Festival 2008

I have not been excited for Halloween for a long time. The best thing used to be the Burton Elementary School Halloween Carnival. It did not get better than that.  I have still not found its equal.

Then Sarah came. Actually I waited a year before dressing her up. I almost did not, but then I got a Friends and Family 20% off coupon at Pottery Barn Kids. I could not resist the pumpkin costume.

Actually, I was hoping for a Fairy costume because I had seen her cousins use the wings and skirts for dress up. However, I was deterred by the $100+ price tag. So Sarah is a pumpkin this year.
Now that we had the costume, we needed someplace to wear it.  Sarah is too young to fully appreciate Trick or Treating so I kept my ears open and found two events on Saturday, October 25.
The First was "Boo at the Zoo".  I was so excited.  I planned to get there before it opened, so that there would not be too many people there.
Apparently thousands of other Salt Lakers had the same idea.  It was chaos.  By the time we got kicking and screaming through the everlasting line and inside the gates, Sarah and I were done.  It was too much.  We lingered inside the gate looking at the tens of thousands of costumed kids in candy lines, glanced at a bird and a possum, played with some snakes in the gift house, took some pictures and left.

We went home and took our morning nap.  When she awoke, it was time for the Stake Fall Festival.
Our Youth were in charge, and it was a success.  Sarah had a wonderful time, as did I.  I was not as worried about losing her, because the whole Stake knew her, loved her, and helped me take care of her.

Next week: Trunk or treating.  Who came up with that?  It is brilliant.

Comments

Lauren Dyer said…
That costume is so cute! What a fun day.
Josh and Amber said…
Sarah makes an adorable pumpkin!! And isn't trunk or treating the greatest!
Anonymous said…
My youngest is being a pumpkin for Halloween, too! Have fun trunk or treating--

Wendy
The Bears said…
I always think pumpkin costumes are the cutest for tiny kids. Sarah looks adorable.

When I had to reformat my computer, I lost all my pics. I didn't have any family pics and came across this one on my mom's myspace page. I was hoping with so many people in it, no one would look close enough to spot me. You totally busted me with my awesome hair and radical choker.
squiresclan said…
Sarah looks adorable. Trunk & treating is the best ever! That's what we will be doing on Halloween. Lots of candy for the kids all in one spot, so no spending hours cruising streets trying to decide hmmm do we really want to go to that house and freezing your bottoms off. Love it!!!
Jensens said…
Sarah is the cutest pumpkin ever! By the way, I loved her pigtails on Sunday...she is growing up so fast! I love the Fall Carnival, it's become a tradition for our family, along with trunk or treat. See you there!
Becca said…
our ward doesnt do trunk or treating...supposedly we got "uninvited" from doing it the year before we moved into the ward. Go figure...Halloween is so fun! Sh makes a cute pumpkin!
Sarah is a doll and I want to gobble that pumpkin up!