Family Home Evening in Rexburg, Idaho

Apparently, my Rexburg family started to have Family Home evening together each Monday night.  I loved that.  It does not get much better than when those you love most keep the commandments; especially those commandments with the huge dividends.

At first I thought that it was too late in the evening. It started at precisely the time Sarah should go to bed. Then, good Uncle Shawn, who was in charge this evening said, "What is more important, Sarah's sleep or FHE?"

So I got Sarah out of bed, and pajama clad (Sarah, at least), we met our family at the Taylor building on the BYU-I campus.

I am so glad that I did. The spirit was amazing. I had forgotten the way that I feel on this campus. I went to BYU Provo all four...well a little more than four years. But I was raised near BYU-I. It is special. The spirit in this exceptional building, especially in the Sacrament Meeting room...well, it was like the temple to me.

The school was holding a special exhibit of the Savior's life in pictures. My favorite (not artistically, but inside myself) was the picture of the two men unknowingly walking with the Savior, probably after His resurrection, "Did not our hearts burn within us?". When it caught my eye, I could not help but want to trade places with one of those men, and walk and talk with Him myself.


Dad and Sarah playing around the posts of the Taylor Building before we began.
Going through the exhibit (Dad, Pajama Sarah, and Anna Lofgran)
Jaclyn's hair, Zach, and Lleida "with the double L" Brunson.  Uncle Shawn and Anders are a little ahead.
The grandchildren lined up as Uncle Shawn read from the scriptures before we viewed each section of the exhibit.

I would also like to give a big "High Five" to Aunt Chantal and her excellent brownies.  FHE is not FHE without the brownies.  She also wins favorite Aunt for the night.


Comments

Leslie said…
How awesome! You good Bagleys!!!
Jensens said…
Awww..I love big family things! That sounds like so much fun. BTW - you've been tagged.
Josh and Amber said…
That looked like such a great night!