A New Name

Today we went to the temple. I did Initiatory while Andrew ran errands with Sarah. I love it.

I think someday I want to be one of those ancient women who just work in the temple all of the time. The ones who look almost transparent with righteousness. I hope my hair turns white. It helps make the workers look more like angels and goes beautifully with the whiter than white dress code.

This day, I was called something that I have not been called for a long time. Right in the middle of the ordinance, one of the workers gave me a huge hug and said in effect, "You are the most precious little girl".

Wow. I knew that at certain points in my life I looked young for my age. Also, feeling that I had aged considerably since Sarah was born, I was grateful that I did not look all of my 33 and 3/4 years. But I have not heard, "little girl" for a long time.

It could have been partly because I did not have any makeup on...I had just come from water aerobics and my cheeks were flushed red. That is normal for me. I also was crying like a little girl...the ordinance touched me profoundly, and I had deep hopes of maybe being a queen someday. Crying does not make one look any older.

Anyway, I was grateful to be young again.

Comments

Jensens said…
You described the temple workers beautifully. That's one of the reasons why I love the temple. BTW, you do not look your years. I think I used to look younger than my years, but kids do age a person, I think it's the lack of sleep.
Andrew said…
That is too funny. The last time I was balling like a baby, this person came up to me and hugged me and said, "Oh, please stop crying, old man." They actually called me old dude, but I like the idea of old man better.

I am glad you had a nice time in the temple, and it was such a joy for you to tell me about this beautiful experience...on your blog...instead of in person...and Sister Jensen read it before I did :(
Christy Dyer said…
I love the image of "transparent with righteousness". It's so true. Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous said…
What a great story. And age is all relative--

Wendy