Sister Cook

To make a long story short, our Young Women were invited last night to see Sister Mary Nielson Cook, First Counselor in the General Young Women's Presidency.

I felt like it was the right thing to go, yet we had a choice.  The scheduled event for the night was a corn maze. When our good Young Women's President called, she said the choice was a 'no brainer' for her..."Corn Maze or General Auxiliary Leader....hmmmm....I choose the General Auxiliary Leader." I am so glad that she did.

It took a little convincing for our young women, but we went. My only concern was that it was a fireside occurring after Sarah's bedtime (I feel that I am turning into a bedtime Nazi). I just was not sure if reverence was going to be on my toddler's agenda.

But the spirit evokes reverence. Sarah became reverent because Sarah was in a place with a strong spirit.  Sister Cook had that spirit.

She told the girls to have 100% in three things:

1. Prayers
2. 5 Minutes from the Book of Mormon every day
3. Smile

I can do that.  

She taught us about discipleship, and she masterfully helped us listen to the spirit for ourselves to know what the Lord would have each of us do to be disciples.

She taught about living seamlessly 7 days a week, and not just being a Sunday disciple.

She is a master teacher.  She taught my Young Women who are so new to the Gospel.  They loved her.
I loved her, and what I became in her presence.

Comments

Becky said…
Okay, so we need to do a house swap or something! Then you guys could come check out Alaska for a while, and we could come to Utah and go the the Church History Museum, and the Relief Society Building, and meet members of the Young Women's Presidency. What do you think? :)
The Bears said…
What an amazing oppurtunity. I didn't even know who was in the Y.W. Presidency when I was in Y.W. Much less have an oppurtunity to meet them.
Anonymous said…
The girls will remember that forever. How fantastic!

Wendy