Cranberry Relish and Sweet Rolls

I am grateful for:

1. My husband who went to Twilight with me last night and watched Sarah (he was not watching too much of the movie). 

I pondered as I sat in the dark theatre, "I did not go to The Dark Knight (or whatever the latest Batman movie was called) with him, but he is at a 'chick flick' with me because he knew it might make me happy".

He cheered when Edward appeared.  Good man.

2. One of the best Aunts walking on the earth.  We knew that our uber cute Aunt Liza and seven of her eight children would be running in Draper.  We crashed their post 5k family breakfast held at Merrissa's new house and had the world's best french toast.

Then I received the gift that keeps on giving.  Aunt Liza lovingly taught me how to make her quick rolls.  She did this in detail with the skill of a master teacher.  I am now a brilliant roll maker. 

With leftover turkey, these are what we will mostly be eating in the Celestial Kingdom.  They are rolls as they were meant to be.

These are my first ever rolls.  They were delicious.

3. I am grateful for Super Sarah.  I remember receiving a blessing that said heaven wept when she left.  They missed her.  

She is my great friend.
This is part of our Thanksgiving morning photo shoot.  
It looks pretty dismal, especially when we emphasized the construction in the background.  
I felt happy, though.  I also noticed that Sarah has grown a bit.  She used to fit in those pants.
4. I am grateful for Andrew and his traditions.  Every year, he makes his famous cranberry relish which in the end resembles someone who has thrown up Pepto Bismol.  But, it is crazy delicious.  The Pepto Bismol factor usually means more for us in the end.
We are working on learning to smile for the camera and maintain the smile until the picture is completely shot.  It is a work in progress.
I am grateful for life.  It is quite sweet; sweeter than Andrew's cranberry relish on Aunt Liza's sweet rolls.

Comments

Ben and Shara said…
those rolls look delicious and huge!! Any chance that she would let you pass on that recipe? Or might you be holding a class in roll making soon? I could use a little course on rolls. It has been too long since making rolls like those and even then they didn't look that beautiful. let me know.
Jensens said…
Hey...that sounds like a good enrichment class! Rolls and cranberry relish :)

Wasn't Twilight awesome? Doug even liked it! You should have called...I could have taken Sarah for you. I know how it is to try and take kids to a movie.
Annette said…
Those rolls look amazing - no one would ever know you just learned how. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving & Daughters are wonderful.
Anonymous said…
Great rolls! Looks like a happy Thanksgiving--

Wendy
Unknown said…
How lucky you are to have liza teach you to make rolls!!! I have a great desire to one day have one on one time with one of my super aunts.
Lauren Dyer said…
Oh those rolls are making me hungry! They look so good!