Election Day Treats

We voted at an apartment complex. I feel like we were one of the few that waited until election day to vote. I was impressed with all of the early voters. Way to be Americans.

We found out that Ben and Jerry's and Starbucks gave out free election day ice cream and hot chocolate respectively (Starbucks did not happily give hot chocolate in lieu of coffee, but we asked nicely). Luckily for us, the two establishments stood side by side and we got great parking.

It was a snowy night in Salt Lake City, and Sarah braved the cold pajama clad with just a little shivering.

Here we are with our yogurt 'ice cream' (thank you, Andrew, for standing in line the snow) and cup of dark hot chocolate.

I felt deeply about our freedom to vote today. I am glad that I did. My only sadness was that I did not study up on the judges like I should. I felt blind in that area. They have so much power to change laws. I will be better in the future.

Comments

Lauren Dyer said…
Yay for patriotism! I voted this morning, and I'm with you on the judges - I wish I knew more.
Becky said…
It is exciting to vote, isn't it? Me too, with the judges. Next time I'll be more informed.
Andrew said…
While the person that I wanted to win failed to do so, I am proud to be an American and will continue to embrace and honor the office.

Thanks for the fun Election Day Date! Let's make it a tradition!
Jensens said…
I'm not even sure where you find the information about the judges. I remember one year there was a lot of controversy over one particular judge, but if they're not in the news, etc., it's hard to know their record.

Looks like you had a lot of fun, I'll have to remember the free treats next election day!

I ditto Andrew's first paragraph. A little nervous about it all, but am looking forward to some changes.
Anonymous said…
I love that triumphant picture.

I vote absentee, and I only realized yesterday that I miss them saying my full name with "has voted" after putting in my ballot. I'd forgotten about it, but I think it's really cool.

Wendy