The Errand of Angels

I love this movie.  

It debuted on BYU TV tonight (Black Friday).

It is the experience of an LDS Sister Missionary in Austria.

I love it because I was a Sister Missionary (as I watched, I hoped that someday, someone would feel inspired to make a movie about a sister in the Philippines...we have Europe and Tonga covered, we just need South America or the Philippines).

I wanted to be more charitable, to be a better missionary, and I wanted to wear more scarves.

I remember when my little sister, Brandi returned from her mission in Leipzig, Germany, she wore scarves.  She said that her neck felt naked without them.

They wore the most amazing scarves in the movie.

I loved it because it was not about Elders being silly.  It was about Sisters.  And they were pretty good Sisters.

Comments

Becky said…
The last LDS movie I saw was , uh, not great. So I'm glad this one was. I'm excited to see it!
Jensens said…
Oh man...I missed it! I've been wanting to see it. I didn't go on a mission, but maybe we'll go on a couple mission later in life. (keeping my fingers crossed).
Annette said…
I heard it was pretty good - still need to see it, thanks for the recommendation.
Andrew said…
I thought this was "The Home Teachers" of LDS drama. Great idea, probably written well, but the execution was off by a few degrees.

The companions were great, but the main actress was not believable. The director's timing was only a little off, but it made it uncomfortable to watch.

Unfortunately "The Other Side of Heaven" set the bar far too high for missionary movies. That is expected when you have academy award winning movie makers working with a member of the 70 to keep the spirit of the show.

I am glad you liked it. Anything truly uplifting is always a winner.
Candice said…
I agree with you, Drew. I guess I was just happy to see a movie that was not about disobedient, or depressed Elders.

The Other Side of Heaven right now is the Celestial Kingdom of missionary movies.