Jane Austen

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!



I am going through a little Austen phase; to be honest it is kind of an ongoing thing. In my opinion the best book is Pride and Prejudice; the best movie is the BBC version of the same. A close second is Emma Thompson's Sense and Sensibility. Two days ago I picked up the novel, Emma. What is so delicious about these stories?

Anyway, I took the quiz. I think that I was hoping to be Elizabeth Bennett, however, I knew that it would not happen as I went through the questions.

Oh, well, I loved Emma Thompson as Elinor Dashwood. If it could not be Elizabeth, Elinor was a good second.

I secretly hoped to be like Jane Bennett because of her goodness: but I am not that good (working on it), and I found out that she was not an option on the quiz.

Comments

Becky said…
I'm gonna have to go watch those movies, now, cuz you reminded me how much I love them, too. They make me swoon. :)
Anonymous said…
I'm also Elinor. Sensible, that's me.

Wendy
The Bears said…
So I took the quizz, having never read or seen any Jane Austen movies... I ended up being Elizabeth Bennet and since that's who you wanted to be, I'm trusting she is cool.

Maybe this winter I'll ask for the books for Christmas, so I can finally see what all the hub bub is about.
Andrew said…
I took the quiz and I am that Argentinian chick from the LDS version of Pride and Prejudice.

I was hoping I was that guy that everyone swoons for, you know, the one that rides the scoooter.
Andrew said…
A Tale of Two Emmas

Oh yes, I forgot! How can you say that Emma Thompson's Sense and Sensibility beats Gwyneth Paltrow's Emma. I mean, come on, Sense was directed by the same guy who directed the really bad version of the Incredible Hulk!

Emma rocked. It beats anything Emma Thompson made, even Nanny McPhee, which was quite charming, though.
Jensens said…
Elinor, too. I've never read the books, but I loved Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley. I also liked the LDS version, even though it's a little cory (like most LDS films of this nature).
Leslie said…
Ha ha...I took the quiz once before and came out with Elinor as well. Cut I knew what the results would be. She is indeed one of my favorite and most loved heroines. I'm so happy to know a fellow Elinor.