The Real Jane Austen Quiz (ie, The Man Quiz)

Okay, so this is Drew. Candice asked me not to write on this blog, but I am doing it anyway because I had to after seeing her Jane Austen post.

So I decided to take this "Quiz." So I opened it up to find out who I was.

Problem number 1, it is not a "Which Jane Austen Character Are You," it is a "Which Austen Chick Are You"

I am not a chick, so I failed the quiz.

Problem Number 2: Look at these questions.















What? Witty and sparkling? Am I a man or a beverage commercial?

Innocent and Romantic?

And why do they use romantic in two different answers?

Drew's Answer:

All of the Above!









Sorry this was so small, could not figure out how to do pics in blogs.

"Enjoy painting?" When did Da Vinci enter a Jane Austen novel?

Oh yes, I do enjoy a "horrid novel" What a splendid way to pass my time!

Drew's Answer:

"Taking care of what needs to be done. You usually don't indulge your own whims, but you do enjoy watching BYU Football! Go Cougs!"

Candice's Answer:

Your love's wishes!










How in the world is someone "surprisingly un-dashing."

So like on your first date, are you like, "Oh wow, I did not realize you were so....un-dashing. I am so surprised. But you are quite romantic in a quiet way."

and why is there a hyphen between un and dashing?

Drew's Answer:

Candice (Mature, generous, and good-looking).

And any woman who said they want an immature, selfish, ugly man is a liar!









Huh? Okay, so in a previous question (Question 3 to be exact), one of the hobbies is "bettering your mind through learning foreign languages.

As a man, I am going to say, this question is totally a foreign language to all men!

How do you love? Ask any man that question and they will say, "Uhhhhhh"

And in their mind they are thinking one of two things:

1. Uhhhhhh, what does that mean?

2. What does she want me to say? I have no clue what that means, but there must be a correct answer here. At which point, out of Number 2's mouth will come, "I love long, even when hope is gone!"

Drew's Answer:

Like a Man!











"Your cousin, who's also your love interest?" Jane, my daughters shall never your pages read!

Drew's answer:

My wife.

And Tyler, because all we have to say to each other is the word "Dude" and we will have had a most fulfilling, enriching, and enlightening conversation.

Then we'd go to a football game and only yell at the football field while uttering a language to each other that is foreign to women containing words like, "Get some glasses, Zebra" or "Booo-yeah." and "Touchdown!"



So which Austen "hero" am I? The reserved and prejudiced Mr. Darcy? The scheming and "horrid" Mr. Wickham? The beloved Charles Bingley? The dreaded Collins? The wealthy Henry Dashwood? The redeemed John Willoughby? The confusing Mr. Elton? Mr. Knightley?!?

To find out, click here:

Drew's Austen Results

Yeah, I passed the man quiz with flying colors!

Comments

Reena said…
I read your profile. You worked as a missionary in the Philippines??
The Bears said…
Funny... I missed the (cousin who is also your love interest) when I took the quizz. Thanks for pointing it out. Hilarious!
Ben and Shara said…
wow drew you had me rolling in the isles. Any chance that you are thinking of also becoming a standup comedian? The final results picture was the icing on the cake of course.

Thanks for my morning laugh.
Shane D. said…
Yes! Drew is...a fantastic specimen of man!