Pre-Thanksgiving Feast

John and Joan (Father and Mother-in-law) will be in California this Thanksgiving; I believe that this is because they like their daughter Karrie more than they like us.

That is understandable. I like Karrie too. She is the best. If I were to spend Thanksgiving with someone, Karrie and the Karrie clan would be at the top of my list.

To ease the pain of separation, John and Joan had a pre-Thanksgiving feast, and scheduled it for Sunday after Church.

This is kind and wonderful John, playing with Sarah and cutting the meat like only grandfathers can.
Joan's secret weapon is her mashed potatoes.  I have rarely been to the Rail household without a heaping bowl of them.  Without giving away the recipe, I will give you a hint to its goodness:

Cubes of this:
A bit of this, and a bit of that.  Joan makes Paula Dean seem health conscious.  
But, I have to admit, they are creamy and delicious and she is famous for them.

My in-laws are wonderful people.  We are so blessed to have them in our lives.  We hope that they have a fantastic time in California for Thanksgiving.  We will miss them.  Thank you, John and Joan for the yummiest pre-thanksgiving feast ever.

Comments

Those mashed potatoes are the only thing I want Mom to make on Turkey day - those pics are making my mouth water! We so wish we could be there to share w/ya'll. Can't wait till Christmas!
Becky said…
Mmmm! Mashed potatoes.

So what are you guys going to do on the actual day of Thanksgiving, then? Hang out with the Bagleys? (That's your maiden name if I remember correctly.)

Oh, speaking of Bagley, are you related to the guy who does all those cool kid's books like Book of Mormon ABCs? (Val Chadwick Bagley - I just checked.)
Candice said…
No relation to Val. I think that we were illegitimate children of royalty. However, the Bagleys have recovered and in my opinion they are one of the best examples of family awesomeness on the planet. I am not exaggerating.

Andrew and Sarah and I are going to have our own Thanksgiving. We will go to the zoo (the elephant is supposed to sit on an 800 pound pumpkin) and there is a 2 hour Thanksgiving workout at our gym.

We will then enjoy the Thanksgiving feast by Andrew and Alton Brown (Good Eats). We would like to bear testimony of Brining the Turkey like Alton and Martha S. taught us. Basting is not the way to excellent Turkey. Brine baby Brine.