Things I have done...and have yet to do.

This made me feel a little better about my uneventful life as a mother of one. 


I cut and pasted this list from another blog.  The game is to leave in bold the things that you HAVE done. 


I added comments at the last minute, because I like to comment (if you have a blog, you know this to be true).  You do not have to.

Things I have done on this list...in bold:


1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (does marching band count?  Not quite 'Bananarama', but...)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (I really don't think that we can give more than we can afford.  We have found that everytime we give, it comes back to us exponentially.  I learned this while working at LDS Philanthropies...and watching my good husband give)
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain (My dream, though, is to do Mt. Kilamanjaro-not technical, but if you take it slow and easy, you can conquer it)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (they really needed soloists at the opening ceremonies at EFY-and I volunteered)
11. Bungee jumped (my Dad had us go bunjee jumping as a family at the Madison County Fair-I became addicted to it after that)
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (I am not sure how good we have to be to bold this category)
15. Adopted a child (I worked at an orphanage in China, though)
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (the first time I went to NYC the Statue of Liberty was under construction)
18. Grown your own vegetables (Besides my family garden, I have grown an eggplant-just one.)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train (I love the sleeper cars in China)
21. Had a pillow fight (I am not much of a fighter, but I took a couple of swipes)
22. Hitch hiked (I picked up a hitchiker, though)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (to my shame)
24. Built a snow fort (I am from Idaho)
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (It is a modesty thing)
27. Run a Marathon (I wish)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (On Mt. Sinai...at least that was the most dramatic....also on a volcano in Hawaii...also dramatic.)
31. Hit a home run (I played Church softball, and while I was a decent 2nd baseman, I could not hit like the gorgeous buff farmgirls in my ward.  They were amazing).
32. Been on a cruise (I have been on a fishing-type boat for three days scuba diving, but I probably would not call it a cruise.  They had no shuffleboard).
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (Does Cedar City count?  I have been to England, though)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language (I had some help at the MTC)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I am feeling pretty satisfied right now)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing (I have a scar to prove it)
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke (I lived in China, for heaven's sake...it is an art).
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (not as faithful as before the earthquake)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (That is such a good idea)
44. Visited Africa (Kenya and Egypt)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance (Nothing ever happens to me like this)
47. Had your portrait painted (Drew commissioned it when we got married)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (Family sport)
52. Kissed in the rain (and washed my hair)
53. Played in the mud (love it)

54. Gone to a drive-in theater 
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China (not overrated)
57. Started a business (trying to forget)
58. Taken a martial arts class (in China...these people were serious.  I felt every muscle in my body scream for mercy)

59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen (It was with my parents on Thanksgiving two years ago.  Probably a little above a soup kitchen)
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies (but I have bought and consumed my fair share)
62. Gone whale watching 
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (I cannot believe I spent so much time donating plasma)
65. Gone sky diving (just connected to someone...I think that the scariest part would be landing, and I did not have to worry about that)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (Not really bounced, but I remember my overdraft protection being triggered in college.  I was a little irresponsible during those college years)
68. Flown in a helicopter 
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. 
Visited the Lincoln Memorial (There is a great spirit there.  Lincoln was inspired.  Jefferson, not so much.)
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (I have been to London twice, and I do not remember doing this).
77. Broken a bone (I tried-I wanted a cast)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (my parents had his and her's-I also lived in Taiwan, where there are more scooters than total residents in Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (It was dark, though.  Long story.)
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car 
83. Walked in Jerusalem (lived there for 5 1/2 months-the long Winter/Spring program for the BYU Jerusalem Center-if you can go on this program, please go.  It will change everything.)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible (after President Kimball suggested it, I had to try-and due to Religion and Gospel Doctrine courses, I have done it a few times)
86. 
Visited the White House (When we lived there it was closed, but I went in fourth grade with my Dad and sister).
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (In the Philippines some Elders thought it would be cool to kill and prepare a chicken...poor chicken.  I also felt bad for my little Philippino companion who must have thought Americans to be barbaric.  She taught us how to bleed it humanely.)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club (I need to start another.  I love bookclubs)
93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby (the best thing ever)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (I should probably do this...but I have swam in the Dead Sea)
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee (was that me, or was that Brandi)

Comments

Dan said…
wow, what a list. I don't think I could cross as many off.
Lauren Dyer said…
This is so fun. You get to feel good about the things you have done, and it gives you ideas to add to your wish list. I like the kissed in the rain one. I don't think I have ever done that, but I imagine it will be very romantic when I do.
Candice said…
What a wonderful think to have a Shane at your disposal. Rain+Shane. That is a good combination.
Andrew said…
For the record, Lauren, that was not me who did the rain-thang.
Andrew said…
"Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (the first time I went to NYC the Statue of Liberty was under construction)"

Now I know that you look much younger than you really are, but are you really that old?
Candice said…
Heh, heh. I have always looked young for my age. I was there while it was being remodeled for Independance Day 1984 I think. Do you remember all of the fireworks?

PS I totally thought that we had kissed in the rain sometime. Maybe I am just having Spider Man dreams (when he is upside down in the rain) and thinking that it was me and you, instead of MJ and Peter Parker.
Anonymous said…
It was fun to see everything you've done. Lots more than I, that's for sure! But I have broken a couple of bones, and Stan has broken enough bones for you and he both. (I have this vague recollection of him recounting something in the band room--Jr. High when the lockers fell on him and he was in a wheelchair--and you screaming with laughter. "That was YOU?" Ahh, the stories the walls of that band room could tell--)

Wendy
The Bears said…
Nice cover with the spider man thing...J/K! What a fun list. Sometimes I read books about places and then it seems like I have memories of it, so I feel like I can cross it off the list... Oh well, better than going to the places and not remembering them because your hungover or something.
Candice said…
I would never laugh at someone breaking bones (or getting hurt)! That could not have been me...please let that not have been me...

I don't remember him doing that. I think I remember him in a wheelchair...a little.

Poor Stan. I do remember borrowing his Graceland CD for way too long, but I think that is the worst.
Jensens said…
Congrats on accomplishing so many things. It inspires me to want to make my own list!
Becky said…
Sheesh! Uneventful, my ear! You've done tons of cool stuff. Not to mention, life as a mom cannot in any reality be called uneventful. :)
Anonymous said…
Candice--

Of COURSE you didn't laugh at him because he was hurt. I think the laughing was more in amazement. Stan, at that point in his existence, had not yet attained his inner moxie. Knowing him as the cool and suave Stan of high school that left dozens of sighing freshmen (cough,cough) in his wake, it was hard to reconcile with his previous persona. Not at the injury--at the dichotomy of one person.

Wendy