Christmas List

Thank you, Annette, for the Christmas List:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper
2.Real tree or Artificial? Real. Andrew loves the real tree. We did not trek to the mountains to get it, though...just to 7th East.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Halloween. Just kidding. We have had only two trees in the last nearly eight years of marriage. Our first we put up a week before Christmas. This one, the week after Thanksgiving.
4.When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas.
5.Do you like eggnog? Yes...do people not like eggnog?
6.Favorite gift received as a child? A tiny table and chairs my Dad made.
7.Hardest person to buy for? My poor parents
8.Easiest person to buy for? Super Sarah
9.Do you have a nativity scene? Yes-from Kenya
10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Usually email, but I am trying to mail them this year (if you want one, let me know).
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? There are no bad ones. At least I would never mention one on a blog. People put their hearts into giving.
12.Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas-I can repeat it verbatim (almost).
13.When do you start shopping for Christmas? October
14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Totally
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Anything pepperminty with dark chocolate...from Williams and Senoma.
16.Lights on the tree? Yes, White. I like all one color, unless they are a beautiful bright vintage. My college roommate once had some amazing large vintage Christmas lights that she had up on her side of the room from September to April.
17.Favorite Christmas song? Bring a Torch Jeannette Isabella by MoTab.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Normally travel...this year we hope to do our own.
19.Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Absolutely
20.Angel on tree top or star ? Star (we lost it in the move, and have not found its replacement, so our tree is topless)
21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning
22.Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Advertising. It makes me feel like I do not have enough, when I have more than enough.
23.Favorite ornament theme or color? RED. I LOVE CHRISTMAS RED. While we lived in China it was China Red, and it made everything look beautiful.
24.Favorite for Christmas dinner? I never think about dinner. Breakfast is my favorite part of Christmas eating.
25.What do you want for Christmas this year? World Peace...actually a camera. But I would love everyone to have the Gospel. That is peace.
26.Who is most likely to respond to this? Andrew, because he loves things like this so much.

Comments

Christy Dyer said…
I feel like I am getting an "inside" on Andrew and your relationship. I get the feeling that you are best friends, you love to be together, you support each other to the enth degree. I love your comments about Christmas too!
Anonymous said…
I want a Christmas card!

I'm trying to send some out by mail (again) this year. We'll see how it pans out. I have an address for you; you haven't moved in the past, oh, year or two, have you?

Wendy
Annette said…
Your Christmas tree is topless - how embarassing. Thanks for reposting...I am enjoying getting to know you
Ben and Shara said…
loving it, sad that it is only your second tree though. hopefully you won't have too many treeless Christmases now that you have Super Sarah. . .

I'm waiting for this weeks you tube installment. Does Andrew not do them on fast sundays?
Annette said…
I talked about you when I bore my testimony on Sunday in Relief Society (hope you don't mind) I usually don't like to mention names but I was talking about Christmas and I liked your comment about what you don't like about Christmas being so commercialized because it makes you feel like you need more when you already have enough. It is so true. Thanks
Andrew said…
Doesn't answer 14 negate answer 11?
Candice said…
Heck no! I give gifts that I love. If I had not loved it, I would not have given it again.