The Cost of a Teeth Cleaning

Our First Dental Checkup as a married couple occurred in Taiwan:
cost: $1.00 each

Communism served us well in China when Doctors and Medicine never cost over $2.00.

Still, in America, I worked for the Church, and the benefits are so excellent, that I never felt the financial pain of a Dentist's visit.

Today, while insured, we did not get dental coverage; we really have good teeth.

But, with some residual flex spending to burn, we took our good teeth to the dentist today to get them cleaned. Our cleaning cost: $360.00.

It was a mighty fine clean.

Now, I know that I should not complain. We have never had a root canal, or something really costly. It is just the first time that the financial reality of teeth hit me.

I once read in book called "How to Save more money" or something to that effect. One suggestion was "Floss".

I would like to testify that flossing is true.

Comments

Lorin and Liza said…
I have given up on having my teeth done in the states. I go to Mexico, I got a crown for $250 and it actually looks better than the one I had done here. He also took out all my silver filling and put in new white ones so when I open my mouth real wide while singing and the camera zooms into my mouth it looks beautiful. Actually, the camera has never done that but I do invite everyone to look in that wants to. I am pretty proud of it. I would never have been able to afford that here without selling the farm.
and that flossing bit...you only have to floss the teeth you want to keep.
The Bears said…
I went to the Dentisit today too. Luckily, for once in our lives, we have really great dental coverage and our cleanings were FREE! My husband didn't go to the dentist for 12 years and I didn't go for 7 while we didn't have insurance. Luckily we escaped, with only a couple cavitites.
Anonymous said…
Smile big--

Wendy
Josh and Amber said…
Wow that was a costly cleaning. I've only had cleanings done while we were on insurance, so it was no big deal. But we haven't been in a year because we don't have insurance right now, but we did enroll for it for next year. We have some work that needs to get done. I need to get my wisdom teeth out....yuck.