Focus

I have never thought pictures taken with Christmas lights were particularly beautiful.  I think it takes a skilled photographer to make it work.  We went to Temple Square to try to prove my theory wrong, but with the night vision on, every shot looked like a blurry Sarah running in front of fire.
The only thing to stand still in our pictures was the Temple.  I loved that.  It was the only focused object in 24 shots.

It keeps my life in focus, as does this little girl, who is no longer a baby.  She is playing on the banister at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. 
These past two days, I have been filled with the unspeakable feeling that every prayer I have ever prayed has been answered: or about to be.  I feel blessed with everything that I have ever hoped and dreamed.

Merry Christmas to me.

Comments

Melanie said…
Candice, you must know i do enjoy being able to see what the three of you are up to, thanks to your blog. What are your plans for christmas, are you going up to your parents, i am hoping to be home for five days, and would like to see the three of you, if not, i am starting a job in toole on next week and will be there for a couple months, so maybe then, adamjwalker@msn.com would be my email.

Adam
Jensens said…
I love the temple lights. I look forward to it every year.
Lyf2.0 said…
What a fun tradition. We're headed up to the DC Temple one of these days.
Candice said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM! I am so glad that you wrote. I am writing you an email and responding on your blog. I just wanted to let the world know that I have a great cousin, who is significantly older than I am, celebrating a birthday. I hope it is a wonderful birthday.
Andrew said…
Yes, that beautiful little girls has grown up to become....a hat and coat with hands.

How precious.
Unknown said…
wow, it looks reeeeallly cold there....
Kirsten said…
Candice-It's been forever! It's so fun to look at your blog and see what you're up to. Sarah is beautiful! My mom found your blog through one of the Tanner's, I think. We need to catch up. Email me sometime - kirstwalk@gmail.com. We have to keep in closer touch!

Love, Kirsten Walker (just in case you forgot you had cousins in Arizona!!)
Anonymous said…
I love those wonderfully content I-have-everything-I've-ever-dreamed-of-someone-is-watching-out-for-me moments. Tender mercies.

Wendy