Let it Snow

Last night, Andrew drove to Idaho to pick up Sarah and I.  In order to make it to work in plenty of time, we left at 5:00 a.m.

We did not leave in enough time.  

The snow that was supposed to fall at 10:00 a.m. must have started at 3:00 a.m. and we found that we were one of three drivers who chose to brave it.

We were quite brave as we inched along in near darkness at 20 mph.  We did not quite make it to work.

Oh, yes, today is my birthday.

I know that I am getting old, by two signs that manifest themselves today.   I was watching a sixteen year old actress (on Phantom of the Opera) and I thought, "Youth is so beautiful".  I remember just recently being the youth that was so beautiful.   Oh, yes, and I talk about the weather.  I did not begin talking about the weather until I was thirty three (yes, this year).

Happy birthday to me.  I am thirty four.  It is a good age.

Comments

Lauren Dyer said…
Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you made it home safely, and I love that it's snowing on your blog.
Candice said…
I got it from your awesome sister-in-law's blog...
Annette said…
Happy Happy Birthday, Candice dear..may happy days come to you all year..Glad you made it safely home.
The Bears said…
Happy Birthday. December babies are the best. Today was supposed to be my errand day, but the weather decided differently.
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday! What a great day--it's my baby's birthday today, too.

Wendy
Melanie said…
Happy Birthday cousin, i truly hope it is a good one.

Adam