Samuel the Lamanite Ninja

Every year since I can remember we have had a Christmas Eve program. This includes talents from each family, and for the grand finale, a Nativity.

This was the first year, Samuel the Lamanite came to our Christmas Eve bash. (This is entirely due to President Eyring's Christmas fireside talk. I was intrigued with the aluminum 'stones' that were thrown but supposedly could not touch Samuel the prophet.)

Here are our stones, and the star that of his prophecy.  
In the concluding video, I put a short bite of Andrew the Lamanite Ninja making an exit.  We had finished the scriptures, and I recorded the tail end of his Ninja montage.  The star had became a sharp weapon of death after the aluminum stones were tossed at him (we missed him mostly).

Sarah on Christmas morn.  She received a rocking horse.  She is also sporting the cute pajama bottoms that Gran Bagley sewed for her.
We spent 5 hours after the present opening making Christmas Dinner for the Rail clan.  Andrew outdid himself with an amazing Turkey, Ham, and all of the trimmings.  He added wonderful sides like a brie pastry, and homemade peppermint bark (he learned that I loved peppermint bark, and after I rejected the $40 tin at Williams and Sonoma, he lovingly made it himself).

I found an article in Martha Stewart on gumdrop art, and the cousins and I had fun with Styrofoam, toothpicks, and spicy gumdrops.  
This Christmas was memorable.  We loved Christmas Eve with John and Joan.  We would like to thank cousin Merissa for the insanely decadent French Toast recipe that we used for Christmas morning breakfast.  We made many gifts, sang many songs, and read many scriptures.  It was a great Christmas.

Before Andrew's entrance as Samuel the Lamanite, crouching behind the upturned rocker, he asked me if I had a feather for his head.  We will have to remember that for next year.

Comments

Jensens said…
That sounds like so much fun. I loved hearing your laughter on the video. Glad you had a Merry Christmas!
Anonymous said…
What a great Christmas! I love the gumdrop art.

Wendy