Things Not To Say Out Loud When Your Wife is Around

Candice and I like to think of vacations.  Last year I suggested Dollywood.  This year we dreamed up a family history trip to Germany (since the Rail family history line stops in Bad Munster, Germany in 1615).

Last year, I heard about how awesome Dollywood was from the Economist:
No one goes hungry at Dollywood. The cake stands at Dolly Parton's theme park in Tennessee sell slices of apple pie that weigh three pounds each, and that's before you bury them in ice cream. The mixed appetisers at the best restaurant consist of a heap of battered and deep-fried cauliflower florets, a mound of deep-fried cheese sticks and a pile of potatoes slathered in melted cheese. The next course might be a vast platter of southern-fried chicken.

And then the Travel Channel talked about its awesomeness, too, with Splash Country being named as one of America's top ten water parks five years running (they give your kids GPS wristbands).

I mean, come on, how many places do you know have their very own blog published by their fans.

So I looked it up today, and found the Dollywood web site.  She actually has a video telling people how to get to Dollywood during construction:


I watched the video and said (out loud to Candice), "Dolly Parton is the most pleasant woman in America."

Candice disagreed

Note to self: 

Always, always, always state out loud that your wife is the most pleasant person in America, if not the world.  Dolly comes second.

I love you, Candice.

Comments

Christy Dyer said…
Drew, you are too funny! Great advice however.
Anonymous said…
I love the construction jacket Dolly's got on. Maybe if you wore one of those around the house, Candice . . .
The Bears said…
I want to a see a pleasantness duel between Dolly and Candice... that would be intense.
Andrew said…
I think that Dolly is very pleasant...I think I am more pleasant, but that is another story:)

The only thing that I struggle with is the placement of Dolly's hands on the introductory page of the video makes it look like her cleavage...a little immodest. Maybe I am the only one who thinks that, but I get embarrassed every time I look at her. I wonder if it is not a super good example having her right there on our blog?
Andrew said…
By the way, that last comment is Candice logged in as Drew...as I am right now.