Elder and Sister Clayton

When writing our goals, Andrew will often say that he wants to become wealthy fast.  His reason is always the same: he wants to start serving missions.  He loves missionary work.    

I always agree with him (missions are awesome), but in my mind our missions are in the untouchable future.  

Last week, a couple that we knew in China stayed at our home for the night. They were on their way to Tonga as missionaries. They said in effect, "Our time has finally come".

Talking with them made me realize how fast our time will come. It seemed to come so quickly for them.  It was like, all of the sudden all eight of their children were married, and they were retired, and they had spent three years in China, and now they were missionaries for the best church in this planet and a hundred thousand others.

I felt like I would blink, and Andrew and I might be on our third mission.

Someday unbelievably soon, I will be able to say, "Our time has finally come".

Have a wonderful mission to Tonga, Elder and Sister Clayton.  We will not be far behind.

Comments

Andrew said…
Okay, I am officially stunned. I had no clue that Candice does not believe in my goal.

No wonder it hasn't been working!

I knew it had nothing to do with my complete lack of skills!
Annette said…
I hope that when your time comes, because it will come really, really, fast. That you serve many missions. It happens like that, all of a sudden you find that your kids have grown up...even with all the effort we do to prevent it.
Melanie said…
That is so true time flies by so fast. I truely pray everyday that Adam and I can go to the temple first then go on a mission.
Candice said…
That would be sweet beyond sweet, Melanie. Please invite me. I have been waiting for that, and I believe it will happen.
Candice said…
That would be sweet beyond sweet, Melanie. Please invite me. I have been waiting for that, and I believe it will happen.
Anonymous said…
You'll be great missionaries!